Version 4.0.0 is out. Any noticeable fixes or enhancements? And what's the preferred upgrade method if I've already got it installed on my 8330?
    Last edited by Patrick G.; 12-01-08 at 08:48 AM.
    12-01-08 08:44 AM
    Version 4.0.0 is out. Any noticeable fixes or enhancements? And what's the preferred upgrade method if I've already got it installed on my 8330?
    I have Empower BES Mailbox as well as HTML Viewer Pro. I think the best way to download it is simply pointing your Berry to Empower Interactive

But I'm not sure how to find the installed version; HTML Viewer - Options has an "about" menu, but BES Mailbox is listed in device Options and I can't find a way to discover the installed version nor how to upgrade a registered copy. Presumably you just go to the Empower link and download, but I'm not finding anything there about what's new. It does report compatibility with all RIM OS 4.1 and higher, including Bold and Storm.

Meanwhile, I've sent an email to Empower and will post back when I hear what they have to say. They have usually been very responsive to email queries.
    12-01-08 05:17 PM
    Well, of course I couldn't wait :-)

I'd bought BES Mailbox from the CrackBerry App Store, so I logged in to my account there from the Berry and sure enough, an upgrade was posted as available (I didn't get an email notification even though I've checked all my apps for notification). When I clicked the link it reported my activation code was still active so I downloaded the Trial Version OTA and installed it, figuring I would need to re-enter my activation code to register.

All good. Device - Options - BES Mailbox now reports Version 4.0.0.52 and does not request a registration. (User Manual says that if no registration item appears on the BES menu, then the version is registered and no action is required.)

So far I can tell no difference in functionality or options. I'd guess the new version was produced for compatibility with new RIM OS versions. Will post back when I hear from Empower.
    12-01-08 05:39 PM
    Empower's response:
    ----------------
    Thank you for writing to us. The v4.0 of BESMailBox is basically a compatibility upgrade for Bold & Storm. Existing users on non-Bold (or Storm) devices need not upgrade. Since you are on Curve OS 4.3 you are on the latest version for that device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD