Will verizon ever realease an official update from .77? i see that .160 is out but verizon still has .77 whats the deal are the not releasing anything else for the 8330?
    07-06-09 11:04 PM
    Your guess is as good as mine.
    07-06-09 11:07 PM
    i guess they givin up on th curve and focusing on keeping all the storm customers happy lol!
    07-06-09 11:09 PM
    I will keep the .77 os cause I just want to be on the safe side and not get bricked or other nasty stuff from upgrading to a non-vzw official os update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 11:12 PM
    Ya I wanna keep my warranty too but the speakerphone blast when I answer incoming calls is becoming a hassle

07-06-09 11:35 PM
    I have never got the speakerblast virus, or really anything to serious.

07-06-09 11:41 PM
    I have also never had any real issues with .77. No speaker blast here. I kind of stopped caring since I plan to go to the Tour in a few days time but it definitely would have been nice a while back.

I did read a post somewhere (at least 5 or 6 months ago) that a VZW rep answered this question and according to them there were new OS's on "the list" to be tested but there was no date as to when that would begin. He said something to the effect that if there is no date as to when to start something that is out in the open for all to see that it very well may never happen.
    As far as I can remember those where his words.
    I would do a search but being that it was that long ago I have a feeling I won't find it also I have no idea what the title of the thread was.
    07-07-09 12:10 PM
    Yesterday, I answered my phone and I had a slight speakerblast problem, but nothing major. I would like to see a new OS from Verizon though (soon!!)
    07-07-09 12:14 PM
    I c thanks for the info

07-07-09 12:15 PM
    I will keep the .77 os cause I just want to be on the safe side and not get bricked or other nasty stuff from upgrading to a non-vzw official os update.

I have been running .160 since it came out. The only issue I see is that it was supposed to fix a problem where the backlight would not come on right away when you press a key but it seems to have made it worse. Other than that there are no complaints.

I have heard news of OS 5.0 being available for the 8330. When that will actually happen is anyone's guess but you can be fairly certain that no new OS release will come out for the 8330 before 5.0.
    07-07-09 12:56 PM
    Wow 5.0 is comin out for 8330? That's awesome! I'm pretty sure verizon is focusing on tour and keepin storm customers happy and all the new phones not a 2 year old phone like 8330

07-07-09 01:16 PM
    I have gotten an official email stating that it was. Nothing carrier specific but I am assuming that Verizon would have to be one of the big ones in the 8330 market.
    07-07-09 01:38 PM
    I'm looking forward to 5.0 ! Hopefully its soon lol

07-07-09 01:41 PM
    lol Now I have no idea when it might be released but I would think it would be right along the same lines of when the 8700 series got 4.5. Dead last and way overdue.
    07-07-09 01:43 PM
    Lol probably o well I recently upgraded to .160 cuz couldn't stand speakerphone blast but I have been having terrible random restart issue so I think I'm gunna downgrade and take it in to verizon

07-07-09 01:45 PM
    Did you do a wipe before the OS install?

Read the blackberry 101 lecture session on upgrading and downgrading your OS. I have been running the latest OSs as they are "noticed" as they come out and have never had a single restart issue or problem with them but every time I have installed a new OS I wiped with JL CMDER then installed the OS.
    07-07-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD