I had 2 Pearls prior to the Curve. The Pearls had HORRIBLE memory leak, horrible reception, and they both would freeze up all the time. The Curve??? night and day. Love it!
    05-18-08 07:55 AM
    I just got my VZ Curve yesterday and so far I am very happy with my purchase. My contract was not up for two months yet they gave me a great deal at the store. I have never had a smartphone so getting used to it is a little different for me. It does more than I can imagaine ever knowing how to do...hopefully I'll catch on...
    06-07-08 04:13 PM
    I love LOVE L-O-V-E my curve 8330 from verizon!! I also had a palm treo.
    dumped it for a samsung u740 dual flip. but missed the smart phone.
    I am so happy to be back with a smart phone and am a true BB convert. I will never own anything less then a berry!!!

Take the plug! you've be so glad you did!
    06-07-08 05:54 PM
    I've been a BB addict since last Wednesday, when mine arrived. Rather glad to get rid of my Treo - while the Treo had a touchscreen, I found it occasionally a pain since certain programs - AOL for example - had verrry tiny icons on the screen that you had to tap to get it to do anything. (Hope this is making sense). It got annoying to be unable to just 'tap' the icon with my rather pudgy finger...had to spend ALLLLL that time getting the stylus out... who has that kinda free time?

I really like the push email; obviously that's what draws a high percentage of BB converts. I love not having to monitor my AOL mail or my various other mail addresses. Quite handy.

Another thing, on the Treo, voice dialing was a program that you had to pay for. I like that it's already on the BB; I have a great bluetooth earpiece and all I have to do is mash the button on the side and voice dial fires on the BB, regardless of whether it's locked or not. Very nice to be able to be a little safer while driving.

Plus I am beginning to realize how people just spend a zillion hours with their BBs...with all the sites where you can download free ringtones and wallpapers (another difference from Treo...or maybe I just didn't know the right Treo sites to go to!) it's so easy (maybe TOO easy!) to change the ringtone or screen to suit your mood. My current wallpaper is a beach scene, since I'm headed to Florida to do absolutely nothing for an entire week.

egg
    06-09-08 01:06 PM
    To the above poster who bought the new back cover...does it improve speaker clarity any?

thx!
    06-09-08 01:09 PM
    If you listen to what Kevin said in his rewiew of the Bold, he said the buttons are a lot like the curve..they were just going for a diff look. Maybe go back over the review and u might decide u want the bold....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 01:13 PM
    To the above poster who bought the new back cover...does it improve speaker clarity any?

thx!
    That's a very good question!!

Anyhow, I just got my Curve from Verizon on Saturday. I had a Pearl previously. There is absolutely no comparison. IMHO, the Curve is so far superior, I wonder why anyone would even purchase a Pearl now. 90MB of flash memoury vs 64MB? No brainer. The Pearl's memoury leak issue is what initially made me want to switch. The screen real estate and graphics on the Curve are absolutely beautiful.. Not to mention, I definitely love having the full qwerty keyboard over the SureType feature.

All in all, the Curve is a much better phone and way worth whatever you pay for it.
    06-09-08 01:15 PM
    I have had my curve for a week now, switched from the pearl. I really like the curve, bigger screen, full keyboard! The only thing I have found I miss from the pearl, is the 'sure type', maybe this is an option for the curve, just have not found it yet???
    Last edited by powellcrazy; 06-15-08 at 11:23 AM. Reason: typo
    06-15-08 11:19 AM
    I had my verizon curve for about 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. This is my first BB and I'll never go back. I've had both a Treo 650 and Moto Q. Hated both. Too many problems with reboots etc. Though there is less spacing between the keys on the Curve I don't feel it is a major problem for me. Personally, it is much more functional than my old treo and moto Q. I feel much more productive with this phone.

I would definitely recommend it!

06-15-08 01:53 PM
    BBNewbie62 here

I used to be a palm guy myself. Used the original Palm Zire 72 for info. the went to the sony clie TH55, (Awesome Device). then on to a Palm 700P. Phone had good call quality, but dropped calls in the house, Great tools like docs to go etc. But then I was constantly rebooting or shutting down apps to make it run smoother. then tried BB8830.

wow, what an upgrade, now I am up to the Curve 8330 Verizon.

Couldn't have more positive things to say about BB except docs to go for the phone would be the plus. Maybe some day.

They have e-office software but doesn't work as well as Docs to go. but does function exactly the same with files.

I couldn't be more pleased with this phone. BB knows how to do it right. Can't even come close to the windows format phones. BB is so good, haven't had to reboot this phone since the day I got it.

Kevin
    bbnewbie62
    pin 319DC2EB
    06-15-08 02:07 PM
    I love my curve! Had my first bb, the pearl, for a few wks but had so much trouble with it I returned it and got my curve. I am beyond thrilled with it. The keyboard is so easy to maneuver through. I would have loved for it to be pink but hey that's just a minor thing.I have 3 skins I change with my moods! Ha! And with having cb with me I feel confident I can figure everything out! Love love love my curve!

06-15-08 02:20 PM
    I've had my Curve for about a month. Before that I had the Pearl 8130. I love my Curve! The keyboard is great. I don't have small fingers and I haven't had any problems. I also like the screen size and the memory. I didn't think that I would like the color at first. But the silver phone with the black trim is very classy and I'm using it without a skin (being careful,of course).
    It's the best phone I've owned from Verizon.

06-15-08 02:58 PM
    Would definately recommend it. I was new to BB's and had my 3 email addresses and browser up and running within 5 min. I've always had great VZ coveragw where I live. That said, my call quality on this device is slightly lower than my last phone. I have to suspect its thw hardware since my signal strength remains high. Still though its not enough to turn me off from the 8330. Along with any VZ user, the gps issue stinks, but you know that going in. So far...high marks for VZ + BB

06-15-08 11:03 PM
    I looooooove my curve. I have had a technical problem, but verizon replaced the phone without any questions. It's a great phone - not to mention you will have lots of help setting it up from the people on this site!
    06-15-08 11:17 PM
    This is my second Curve (first was TMO) and its a fantastic phone. Does everything I need accept for cleaning up after dinner.
    06-16-08 07:34 AM
    Love my curve, don't love verizons policies though

06-16-08 08:42 AM
    I got my Curve with VZN on May 26th. I was coming from a Treo 650 which I could not hear out of AT all. I was a little frustrated with some of the things when I switched, I liken the experience to switching from Windows to an Apple. It took me some getting used to but it wasn't hard, just different.

Also, don't plan on much software for free. (Which is also simliar to an apple!)

The size is great.

I've tried two screen covers and neither one stuck very well so I threw them out, a total waste of money. I like the idea of the rubberized battery cover though!
    06-16-08 08:58 AM
    BTW, I called Verizon data support for an issue I was having and he told me they just use this forum to answer their tech questions, a bit ironic I'd say!
    06-16-08 09:00 AM
    Only thing I miss from my Pearl. The ability to change the trackball color.
    06-16-08 09:04 AM
    I love mine! Its my first bb (and my first smartphone, at that), and I don't think I could ever go back. I've had mine for about a month now, and I haven't had any problems with it. My dad has a treo that I've messed around with, and I can assure you that the curve is so much better as a device, imho. Go check it out, you won't regret it!

06-16-08 09:25 AM
    How do I like my new Verizon Curve 8330? After less than a day of ownership, I DON'T LIKE IT ONE BIT and am sorry they don't offer the older model with a side trackwheel. Sure, the Curve looks really nice, but for being a functional device my old 7250 was hands down so much better. I am already thinking about returning my Curve. Anybody want to know why? Just ask!!
    06-16-08 12:27 PM
    I've had my curve (verizon) for two weeks now and I love it! I love the OTA themes available, and especially the today themes.

i never miss an appt and with my outlook calendar and contacts automatically syncing up in realtime I stay on top of everything.

never knew what the blackberry hype was for, but now i am a believer.

the phone itself is very intuitive and easy to use. i got a invisible shield and a oem leather holster with the hidden magnet. I love the setup.
    06-16-08 03:24 PM
    As a first time smart phone user I cannot compare to other phones but I must say that the Verizon Curve has been an absolute joy. I have had no problems at all with it...the size, color, all that is fine with me. If you dont really care about the color you can always change the skin... If your already familiar with Verizon I think you'll find the Curve an excellent choice...
    06-17-08 05:04 AM
    i was a 700wx user.. got curve tho my svc provider is alltel i will never go back to any windows mobile product
    06-17-08 06:40 AM
    I had motorola Q before my curve... And oh man! I should've switched to blackberry loooooooong time ago.. I'm glad I did!!!

06-17-08 09:31 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD