Hello,

I just got a new verizon curve yesterday.

I am trying to figure out how to access web pages. I click on browser and it goes to this page that shows my email accounts configured etc. how do i choose to go to a webpage?

Also, I started getting default espn.com messages how do i stop those?

I really wanna know how to get on the web. So how do I do this?

-Joe
    07-09-08 09:47 PM
    press "G" then type in your desired webpage in the addressbar or press "K" to go to your bookmarks.
    07-09-08 09:48 PM
    So I press G or K. and nothing happens. I click browser on the front screen. I see To Sections. One is Services with Email Accounts listed under it. The next section is Settings and has the follow: change device,language,password,service books.

How do i enter a web page?

This is a verizon device
    07-09-08 09:54 PM
    Go to your applications, find the browser icon (looks like the earth), click that then then type "g" and input the web page you want, type "k" and your bookmarks will appear.
    07-09-08 10:04 PM
    I think you have to go to menu>options>browser configuration and change the option for start page. While you're at it you might want to change the home page address right below this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 10:07 PM
    do I have to set something up? I hit g and nothing happens.
    07-09-08 10:08 PM
    in browser configuration nothing appears that i type. I hit del and nothing deletes...am i missing something?
    07-09-08 10:12 PM
    Could it be that the device isn't registered with Verizon yet? I remember having the same problem when I got mine. It kept bringing me to the page to configure an e-mail address.
    07-09-08 10:13 PM
    what did you do to fix that?
    07-09-08 10:13 PM
    You need to setup an email on your device. Odd though, because this shouldn't affect your browser, just your email settings. Hmm. The easiest way to fix this is to simply run the setup wizard and setup a new email. Then do a battery pull to refresh your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 10:16 PM
    Lets try a different approach! Open up your browser icon (it looks like the world), like the said before in previous posts. After the browser is open click on the blackberry button which is the one left of the trackball. it looks like a bunch of little dots. A menu should come up. Select Go To... Then just type the address to the page you want to go to. Then hit the trackball in the middle and it should take you to the address you typed, or you can hit the enter key which should be a small arrow on the right had side of the keyboard.

let me know if it works for you.
    07-09-08 10:20 PM
    what did you do to fix that?
    you dont. you wait until your account is fully activated. it takes between 24-48 hours after you request the features to be added to your account.
    07-09-08 10:21 PM
    Wow LOL i guess i didn't reply fast enough!! like 4 other replys before i submitted mine!!
    07-09-08 10:22 PM
    I just got it today. There is no go to button - could it be because they set it up in the store at 6pm tonight?
    07-09-08 10:22 PM
    Wow LOL i guess i didn't reply fast enough!! like 4 other replys before i submitted mine!!
    it's cuz you're trying to thumb the keyboard of a desktop computer. break the habit.
    07-09-08 10:23 PM
    it's cuz you're trying to thumb the keyboard of a desktop computer. break the habit.
    haha that was good!! True!!
    07-09-08 10:25 PM
    I sighed up today and got the unlimited data package. Do I have to request web access to? Or is this all because It hasnt been long enough
    07-09-08 10:25 PM
    I sighed up today and got the unlimited data package. Do I have to request web access to? Or is this all because It hasnt been long enough
    it hasnt been long enough. like i said, 24-48 hours.
    07-09-08 10:27 PM
    I pulled the battery and boom internet. Thanks all for dealing with a newbie!
    07-09-08 10:30 PM
    no problem man! we were all newbies at one time Also remember at the top of the page click on Newbies. There is a bunch of info in there, Getting started, shortcuts, BB 101, etc...good luck and enjoy your new addiction
    07-09-08 10:34 PM
    awsome thanks!!!
    07-09-08 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD