currently i have a curve from sprint 8330. i got the phone back in june. the phone says i have v4.3.0.127 i was wondering how and if i can get a newer version? thanks for the help in advance

jon
    09-28-08 06:48 PM
    Look at the stickies at the top of the forum for the current released versions for each model.
    09-28-08 06:50 PM
    thanks next question is will this screw up the phone if i do it wrong?
    09-28-08 06:58 PM
    I have a couple questions, do you have a video recorder and do you have HTML email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 07:05 PM
    Oh yeah, you can screw up your phone if you do it wrong.

09-28-08 07:06 PM
    I reccomend reading the stickies for the O.S update. Just reading them will explain everything. And it can brick your phone if you unplug your phone during the procedure but not to the point where you will completely. Screw up your phone. There's also a post on how to fix a nuked BlackBerry also if anything does go wrong make sure you Sync your contacts and backup your BlackBerry before doing this!!!
    I'm running 4.5.0.77 on my BlackBerry 8330 and its great!!!

09-28-08 07:11 PM
    I thinl the three things you get with 4.5.0.x is HTML email, docs to go and a better browser. Ask yourself if you need these things before you upgrade. If you say no, then don't. A lot of people will tell you it's a piece of cake and to go for it. I think that before you do, you should be comfortable with your BlackBerry
    and ready in case something goes wrong.

When you are ready, follow the upgrade guides and you'll be OK. Just don't let anyone talk you into anything you're not ready for. Remember that you will probably lose your warranty for anything to do with the OS.

09-28-08 07:16 PM
    If you back everything up it'll be fine. You won't lose your warranty unless you downgrade before you send if your phone in if you need a replacement. When I took mine into Sprint when I had a flickering back light on my keyboard they just asked me where I got it and directions on how to put it on. But the overall performance of 4.5.0.77 is great not to mention its compatibility with many themes that arnt available for the current O.S

09-28-08 07:23 PM
    alright i really want this video recording, how do i get it? and what's the link?!
    09-28-08 07:33 PM
    Yes u should know, well be ready in case something goes wrong. But all in all this website is so user friendly and has so many knowledgable people that its vertually impossible to not get out of a jam.
    I upgraded my 8310 to os4.5.0.87(108) and I love it. I never did anything to my Curve before joining this site. When someone suggested not doing something, I didn't. So do what you are comfortable with and enjoy your Curve.....

09-28-08 07:36 PM
    I ment 4.5.0.81 not 87...sorry

09-28-08 07:38 PM
    nice, yeah this place seems user friendly. is this able to be downloaded for the pearl 8100?
    09-28-08 07:41 PM
    You need to look in the Pearl forums for the Pearl OS.
    09-28-08 07:48 PM
    i'm new here ( very new, may i please be pointed in that direction ?
    09-28-08 07:50 PM
    sorry! i got it, i think. thank you. i'll post back here if all works well?
    09-28-08 07:51 PM
    You've already got video recording. Like I said, some newer person will always minimize the risk. It's up to you Rabbit, I only advise caution and that you be comfortable with what you're doing. All the information you need is in the stickies. There are many of us here who have helped people recover their berries, as we have many times. What's funny is that the ones who urge you on usually aren't there when things go bad.

Last edited by exelant; 09-28-08 at 08:33 PM.
    09-28-08 08:16 PM
    even tho i have sprint and the new os isn't for sprint will that affect the phone any? also i was reading where sprint is releasing a 4.6 v. should i wait for that or can i DL the new version and then update it when sprint releases the 4.6?
    09-30-08 07:24 AM
    There are a lot of ways to screw up a BB besides upgrading. I have upgraded 3 times since I got my Curve in June and haven't had any problems. Read all the instructions about upgrading and get familiar with everything (OS package, DM, backing up third party Apps). Also take a look at Crackmem and the upgrade procedure using that program.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    09-30-08 07:31 AM
    I just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in here.

I'm NOT a tech wizard. I was lucky and BLESSED enough to get one of the friendly "abusers" to personally help me download the new OS to my Curve yesterday.

Now, this young man was in American Justice Class in College, and I don't know how he did it. He told me (without looking at a computer) EXACTLY where to go and what to do.

If I personally had tried to do this, I would now be the proud owner of a BRICKED BB!! For the technically challenged people like me, this was a REALLY BIG DEAL and I would not recommend it UNLESS you have some help!!

Like I said, I'm challenged in this area, but, I wanted you to have an honest opinion about how it was for me.

Having said all that, I LOVE THIS FORUM and the people in it!! We are all so lucky to have it!!
    09-30-08 09:37 AM
    I just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in here.

I'm NOT a tech wizard. I was lucky and BLESSED enough to get one of the friendly "abusers" to personally help me download the new OS to my Curve yesterday.

Now, this young man was in American Justice Class in College, and I don't know how he did it. He told me (without looking at a computer) EXACTLY where to go and what to do.

If I personally had tried to do this, I would now be the proud owner of a BRICKED BB!! For the technically challenged people like me, this was a REALLY BIG DEAL and I would not recommend it UNLESS you have some help!!

Like I said, I'm challenged in this area, but, I wanted you to have an honest opinion about how it was for me.

Having said all that, I LOVE THIS FORUM and the people in it!! We are all so lucky to have it!!
    HA.. the young boy in american Justice was me.. lol..just thought i would brag a little..
    09-30-08 10:43 AM
    I'm curious about the html upgrade, how does it appear when you open mail? Is it like the basic $10 or $30 Empower mail program that's sold here at CB under the software link?? Cuz right now I'm jus trying out the trial version of the $10 empower mail and it pretty much cleans up the clutter of links, but doesn't show pics that's inside the mail. Can someone chime in?

09-30-08 03:27 PM
    It's the same. Links show, but not pictures you have manually get images from the menu. It's a security issue.
    09-30-08 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD