I Have Never Ever Owned A Bb Ever, And I Have Extremely Interested On Purchasing The New Bb Curve 8330 From Metro Pcs. My Main Concern Before I Purchase This Particular Phone (which Cost $449.00) Is That I Have A Excel Spreadsheet File With Over 2000 Phone Numbers And I Want To Literally Import All Of Those Phone Numbers At Once.

My Second Question Is That I Would Like To Know How Many Contacts Can I Store On This Particular Phone.

Please Let Me Know If There Is Anyone Out There That Can Help Me.

Currently Metro Pcs Does Not Have A Technical Department So There Isn't Anybody That I Can Asked Technical Questions To.

Kind Regards,
    Joseph Jimino
    04-21-09 10:16 PM
    How big is the excel file?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:18 PM
    Currently It Is 119 Kb. Thats All.
    04-21-09 10:25 PM
    1,927 Unique Phone Numbers. This File Does Not Contain A First And Last Names, Just The Phone Numbers... Please Tell Me That You Know The Answer.
    04-21-09 10:26 PM
    First of all you need to fix your shift key so that all your words don't have the first letter capitalized.

Second, if the file doesn't have the names, how will you know who the numbers belong to?

Third, you can import a CSV (comma separated values) file into Outlook. So your best bet would likely be to save the file as a CSV in Excel and then import it in Excel and then use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to sync it to the BlackBerry. BUT, you are going to need to have names associated with the number.

Alternately, you could try the ASCII sync option in BlackBerry Desktop Manager, but the fields will need to be mapped properly and you still will need a name for each phone number.
    04-21-09 10:42 PM
    Can the OP just use Docs to Go to view the Excel file if it is on a media card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:54 PM
    i had the caps lock engaged when i posted.

the reason why, i do not have names associated with the phone numbers for the sole fact that i am looking to send out massive blast text messages with it to promote a web site.

i have two columns...column a have the corresponding numeric number, and column b has the phone number. so in theory column a can act has the name.

so this functionality can be done? im glad to hear, but how many contacts can the curve 8330 hold?
    04-21-09 11:23 PM
    Well, you won't be able to send out text messages to 2000 people at the same time (at least not automatically). You can create Groups in the Address Book and select the Groups to send messages to, but you can have a maximum of 30 contacts in each Group.

So, yes, you can import at list of 2000 contacts. There's no real limit as to the number it's more based upon the space available on the device. And the 8330 has more than the other Curves. You still will need to import the list into Outlook, Outlook Express, (or maybe Google) and sync with BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Or you can try the ASCII import in BlackBerry Desktop Manager but you may need to add some dummy fields and/or adjust the field mapping to make sure that the data ends up in the correct fields in the BlackBerry Address Book.
    04-22-09 06:17 AM
    I can't believe you guys are helping a cellphone spammer.
    04-25-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD