Is the new OS worth the update? Any problems? And what are the new features? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 09:06 AM
    The new os is decent enough to consider it. I use the 4.5.119 os and everything is running almost identically to my v4.3. Somethings that changed are the media player, you get more options. The browser improved a bit offering things at the "go to" page like live search and wikipedia.com. Maybe someone else could add to what I already said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 09:32 AM
    Which os are you running right now? If you are using a brand new Verizon 8330 then you should be running OS 4.5.0.77. If that is the case then you may or may not see some differences if you update. If you are running OS 4.3 then you will see some major improvements and some minor issues.

4.5 improvements:
    Free DocsToGo
    HTML Email
    Improved browser function (some people say that they don't notice much of a difference, but I can see a very big improvement)
    Better media center controls
    Less memory usage
    Open use of GPS with Blackberry Maps
    Better themes (the designers can do more with the themes for 4.5)

Minor Issues (to me at least):
    Speaker Blast (if you don't know what it is a quick search will give you more info than you probably want)
    Memory leak (some have reported memory problems, I have personally had none)
    02-02-09 09:39 AM
    Which os are you running right now? If you are using a brand new Verizon 8330 then you should be running OS 4.5.0.77. If that is the case then you may or may not see some differences if you update. If you are running OS 4.3 then you will see some major improvements and some minor issues.

4.5 improvements:
    Free DocsToGo
    HTML Email
    Improved browser function (some people say that they don't notice much of a difference, but I can see a very big improvement)
    Better media center controls
    Less memory usage
    Open use of GPS with Blackberry Maps
    Better themes (the designers can do more with the themes for 4.5)

Minor Issues (to me at least):
    Speaker Blast (if you don't know what it is a quick search will give you more info than you probably want)
    Memory leak (some have reported memory problems, I have personally had none)
    I'm running 4.5.0.66 approved for USCC, and I haven't had any problems with Speaker Blast so far, thank god.

The biggest thing like already stated is the HTML e-mail, which I think is fantastic! It's much better than getting a message that's supposed to be HTML and it shows it plain text full of links and other crap. The Docs to Go is pretty cool too, lets you edit word, excel, and view Powerpoint documents. I didn't notice too much of a difference with the browser, The only thing that i don't like about the change to it is that instead of the mouse like cursor has moved from it's home in the top left corner, to the middle of the screen. Slightly annoying since it's right in the middle of what I'm trying to read, but you get used to it, and it's not too big of a deal. I haven't tried the GPS, US Cellular's GPS is kind of testy, so I just uninstalled BB Maps, since i don't use it anyways.

I also, have not had any memory leak problems. I would recomend the upgrade, if for nothing else, to get you used to the upgrade process!
    02-02-09 09:59 AM
    I have yet to update...I am still running 4.3 bah bah whatever. I'm too scared that I will update it all wrong and lose all my apps and get madddd!

But its worth a try.
    02-02-09 10:00 AM
    How can I tell which OS I am using?
    02-02-09 11:40 AM
    never mind...got it I have 4.3
    02-02-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD