Hi, I got a new trackball for my 8330 off CNN.CN and it doesn't work as well as the old one. It slips more and is not nearly as responsive. The closer I get to the bottom of the screen the less it responds. I've cleaned it and re-seated it several times. Anyone else had this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 07:07 PM
    Hi, I got a new trackball for my 8330 off CNN.CN and it doesn't work as well as the old one. It slips more and is not nearly as responsive. The closer I get to the bottom of the screen the less it responds. I've cleaned it and re-seated it several times. Anyone else had this problem?

i had the same issue and put the original back in
    08-15-09 08:44 PM
    CNN.CN trackballs are not OEM so they don't work as well as the original ones.

I bought a colored one from them for my device and it didn't respond as well so I ended up putting the original back in.

Whenever buying parts for your Blackberry you want to make sure they are OEM parts as they may not work/fit properly.

08-15-09 08:55 PM
    Trackballs from both CNN and Tech Zone 4 World are crap. I bought some from an online site called called DealExtreme, and although not OEM and not claim to be, work great. Just go to DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1) and search for blackberry trackball. I have the orange in my phone right now and it has been as good as the OEM ball. They are under $4.00 shipped if I remember correctly.
    08-15-09 09:16 PM
    I too purchased a colored ball and it is problematic. The issue is that it is slick, unlike the original which is kind of textured.

08-15-09 10:16 PM
    I bought a black trackball from a site called dealextreme.com and it works great! I'm pretty sure its not OEM either. It is the cheapest trackball I can find on the market.

DealExtreme: $3.85 Repair Parts Replacement Trackball for BlackBerry (White)

Here is a white one if you wanted to replace your OEM one. It isn't as good as the OEM one but it gets the job done. =P I got mine with free shipping too. =P

EDIT: haha! I read the first few posts and I just realized someone else posted this before me. ahh sorry! Lets pretend that I agree with jackbox!
    Last edited by Yosaki; 08-16-09 at 07:15 PM.
    08-16-09 07:12 PM
    I get mine from berryball.com, out of colorado, works superbly.
    08-16-09 07:18 PM
    I went into my wireless providers store today and they sell replacement trackball/bezels. The ones that I got are working awesome. They only cost me 10bucks each too!
    08-16-09 07:22 PM
    Thanks guys will try it.

08-17-09 12:42 AM
    Sprint replaces my trackball for free even it I messed it up my self lol

08-17-09 04:11 AM
    I got one from eBay when I got a housing to black out my Curve. I know that it's quite textured and works excellent. I've had -0- problems with it, so maybe an OEM-labeled auction on eBay will work for you?
    08-17-09 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD