I have a curve 8330 on sprint and my trackballs pretty dirty. I was wondering if I could go to a sprint store and have them install a nice fresh clean trackball for me. I know I can do it myself but I'd rather have them do it just in case something goes wrong. If this was already asked I appologize

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 06:57 AM
    No stores don't do stuff like that. They just replace phones. It is very simple to do btw

05-18-09 07:12 AM
    BlackBerry 81xx/83xx/88xx OEM trackball- Tools, Samsung, Mobiado, Alcatel, Acer, Nokia, HTC, Panasonic, BenQ-Siemens, Bla

Buy one from there. or they will replace the device as stated above. Trackball changes are real easy to do...
    05-18-09 07:52 AM
    Agreed, much easier to change the trackball than to go through the hassle of getting a new device, trackballs are approx. $10...
    05-18-09 08:02 AM
    I actually bought a Colored(dyed) Trackball and a new ring from a member on here for 7 bucks.
    05-18-09 08:38 AM
    Well I had bought a new trackball on here the oem one and that metal piece was rusted and the ball was almost as dirty so I thought maybe I could just have the store replace it

05-18-09 08:54 AM
    The other posters are incorrect, yes you can go into a Sprint corporate store and they will replace your trackball providing you have the TEP.

Just had mine replaced about a month ago at no charge.
    Last edited by ERDude; 05-18-09 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typo
    05-18-09 11:35 AM
    The other posters are incorrect, yes you can go into a Sprint corporate store and they will replace you're trackball providing you have the TEP.

Just had mine replaced about a month ago at no charge.
    *hands you a flippin cookie*
    05-18-09 11:47 AM
    *hands you a flippin cookie*
    Thanks but, I don't eat sweets.
    05-18-09 11:56 AM
    Yes you can go to a sprint store and get it replaced for free. I have had my curve for about four months and have had the track ball replaced 3 times. And I work in a dirty greasy area and it turns black after about three weeks from dirty fingers.

05-18-09 11:58 AM
    No stores don't do stuff like that. They just replace phones. It is very simple to do btw
    Yes you can go to a sprint store and get it replaced for free. I have had my curve for about four months and have had the track ball replaced 3 times. And I work in a dirty greasy area and it turns black after about three weeks from dirty fingers.

Agreed. Had Sprint do mine a few times.
    05-18-09 01:44 PM
    actually i work at a sprint store and if you have the service plan we can change the trackball and if not you would just have to pay for the trackball it would probably be around 20-30 dollars
    05-18-09 01:50 PM
    Well like I said its just dirty it works fine, I've had the phone like 3 months now and I'd just rather see the white track ball not brown lol, I have insurance and the simply everything plan so you think they will just put in a new one just like that? And thanks for the replies guys

05-19-09 02:08 PM
    I have a curve 8330 on sprint and my trackballs pretty dirty. I was wondering if I could go to a sprint store and have them install a nice fresh clean trackball for me. I know I can do it myself but I'd rather have them do it just in case something goes wrong. If this was already asked I appologize

You'll need to go to a Sprint retailer with a service center and yes they will replace the trackball for you. Mine quit working all together, I took my curve in to Sprint and 5 minutes later had a new trackball.
    05-19-09 02:28 PM
    Do the corperate stores all have service centers or just some? And does the trackball actually have to be broken or just be dirty and be able to get it replaced. I do have insurance and all so.

05-19-09 06:14 PM
    Call ahead, there are also some franchises that do this, too. Just had mine replaced at no charge. TEP replaces and repairs worn or broken parts, that's what you pay for, and none of them have given me any grief. They even gave me a new ring, as a tab was broken on it.

05-19-09 06:25 PM
    Yea calling ahead sounds good to me, what is TEP by the way. Total equipment protection?

05-20-09 06:47 AM
    Yea calling ahead sounds good to me, what is TEP by the way. Total equipment protection?

Yes insurance
    05-20-09 08:56 AM
    Alright thanks guys, you guys did great answering my question I appreciate it

05-20-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD