I have a dvd deck in my car and instead of purchasing an Ipod/Zune I would like to use my curve (3.5mm to rca) to play music. Here is the catch, I need to see if there is a way that I can transfer movies/shows from curve to dvd player. Not sure if they curve has video out or not?

ANYONEE KNOW ANYTHING ON THIS SUBJECT!!!!

I work @ a cell store and have some nice oversees nokias that come with the rca cables(which have video out) but BLACKBERRY CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE, charging a fee to speak with a rep.

THANKS FOR THE HELP
    06-06-08 07:32 PM
    To my knowledge, not gonna happen. The jack on a curve is audio only.

But since it's a DVD deck, burn your videos and play them, unless I'm missing something.
    06-06-08 07:35 PM
    Yea, just a pain to have a bunch of dvd's with movies/shows on them when I can use a mp3 player to get the job done, kind of a last resort, maybe only option though.
    06-06-08 07:36 PM
    does it have a usb port? you could try putting your curve in msd mode and pull videos off your sd card that way...
    06-06-08 07:44 PM
    interesting, I didn't know that usb transfers video. I'm going to check if the deck has usb, not sure if it does
    06-06-08 07:46 PM
    well I just tried my ipod video to tv out and it sent audio but no video so there is no out for video in the headset plug
    06-06-08 08:01 PM
    !!!!JUST FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!
    AND MY DECK HAS NO USB!!!

MINI USB TO RCA--Saw them on ebay

Pretty sure this would work?
    06-06-08 08:07 PM
    !!!!JUST FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!
    AND MY DECK HAS NO USB!!!

MINI USB TO RCA--Saw them on ebay

Pretty sure this would work?
    Sorry to rain on your parade but whatever that is, it's not going to work. Your BlackBerry does not output video via mini-USB. Rather, it makes the files available via mass storage access mode. So, even if that cable somehow "converted" USB data to RCA, you need something that locates and plays the files along the way.
    06-07-08 12:00 AM
    it would work only if your dvd deck will read and play the video files from the curve and not just act as an external monitor, which is more likely.
    06-07-08 12:46 AM
    it would not be able to read them through RCA because that is analog and the USB is digital. anything rca will not work for you to get the video off you curve. sorry bud
    06-07-08 12:50 AM
    Just spend the 250 for the 80 gig ipod or zune great devices in their own right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 12:55 AM
    i'm not sure that you can do this with a blackberry. the ipod cables work becasue the ipod has a setting for tv out.
    06-07-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD