Ok a little background first, My wife had an LG Rumor which she just upgraded to a 8330. On her Rumor she had text messages the she had saved and wanted to keep. I went to the local sprint store and was told only contacts could be moved using there computer. So they moved them for us. I took the Rumor phone and added another line to my plan and hooked the rumor up for another family member. Now that the rumor is back on line my wife started sending her saved texts from the rumor to her new blackberry. She sent a total of 30 messages from the Rumor. There were a few messages that were on the same day ( ie, 7-4-09 she had a text conversation with someone so they went back and forth a few times). The 8330 now has the messages but for the instance on 7-4-09, it does not list the text messages seperatly, it combined the whole conversation into one long text, almost like it is threaded, Is there a way to fix it so the texts are listed seperatly? The issues is one part of the text from the middle needs to be forwarded to someone else but I cannot just forward that piece, I have to forward the whole conversation. I know when I sent them from the Rumor I sent them individually so it is something the 8330 is doing, I just do not know how to fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Second, some of the text messages are animated with sound, the sound plays fine but the animation in the picture does not play at all, do I need a plug in or will I never be able to see the animated portions of text messages?

Again thank you for your help!!
    10-26-09 10:35 AM
    First issue not really a fix but just copy the portion and past in a new message.

Second issue i have had that happen as well. I hit the bb button and click restart to see the animation.

Might not help but maybe a jumping off point.
    10-26-09 10:49 AM
    With your first issue, the texts are not all combined, they still come in seperately, what you have is a list of the 7 previous messages in conversation type form, the messages are still listed individually. If you go to Options, SMS Text, and set your previous messages count to 0 it will remove the previous messages from being shown whenever you open up a new message.
    10-26-09 11:05 AM
    Thanks, the copy function is a good Idea. I was just wondering if there was a setting that needed to be fixed to prevent that from happening. I tried hitting the bb button and restart but the animation never played just the sound. I sent it to my 8350i and I have the same issue. There must be some type of plugin I am missing. Thank you for your input.
    10-26-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD