Hi everyone new curve owner (sprint 8330) here and I was intrested in upgrading my OS my current version on the phone purchased today is 4.3.0.127 and I am assuming its a way old version ...anyhow I was able to read a few posts on how to upgrade before I bought the phone but now for some reason I am not able to use the search feature (it just freezes) so I was wondering if anyone can post me the link on the correct upgrading procedure for my 8330 please and thank you, oh and with this upgrade is the phone able to display like full html emails and capable of mms thank you much
    John
    02-24-09 11:44 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-152163/

follow this thread and you should be fine and yes the html email and mms should work
    02-24-09 11:48 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    May I suggest that you get to know your Curve better by reading the 101 Lecture Series found HERE
    and the Tips, How To's and FAQ's HERE

I'm sure you will find that they are most interesting and will answer a lot of your questions. As a new user, you may want to get to know your BB a little better before upgrading to a new OS. If you are sure you want to upgrade, please follow the link in my sig to proper upgrade/downgrade procedure and consider using CrackMem which is also in my sig. They are very easy to understand instructions on proper upgrade and CrackMem does all the work for you .

Again Welcome to Crackberry and Good luck! If you have any problems feel free to post a new thread and we will be more than happy to help.

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 11:59 AM
    johncarlson... I have had my 8330 only a month or so. Once I seen that there was a new OS available I started to think I wanted to load it. I would suggest doing what Jazzi suggested, read, read, read. It's not hard but it's best to get use to the BB first.

Another thing when I upgraded I ran into problems because I thought that I may as well upgrade my DM to v4.7. I wouldn't do that, if you want to upgrade the DM upgrade to v4.6.
    02-24-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD