Is there something specific about this new OS that I should be looking at? Or a reason why I should upgrade?

Can anyone confirm if media support is improved? (See my post history about pics)

I got lost in the main thread, and couldn't find a findings thread ...

Just don't know if I should bother upgrading, a call timer just isn't that important to me lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:36 PM
    If you are referring to .160 for the 8330, I have seen people claiming improved performance as well. I have also seen people claiming they had minor issues and went back to whatever they were running. I have the M so I have not been able to see for myself.

If you are comfortable with the upgrade process, give it shot...don't like it, fall back to the older version.
    06-01-09 12:38 PM
    If you are referring to .160 for the 8330, I have seen people claiming improved performance as well. I have also seen people claiming they had minor issues and went back to whatever they were running. I have the M so I have not been able to see for myself.

If you are comfortable with the upgrade process, give it shot...don't like it, fall back to the older version.
    Having the m sucks sometimes.....like now. lol We'll probably be the last to get an upgrade if they ever do one.
    06-01-09 03:43 PM
    Having the m sucks sometimes.....like now. lol We'll probably be the last to get an upgrade if they ever do one.
    What I can't understand is why there are so few. When I read what the M actually meant, it sort of seemed that all the newer ones released would be M's.
    06-02-09 07:15 AM
    Try it, if you end up not liking it you can always go back. Take it for a test drive...no biggie.

06-02-09 07:53 AM
    I just upgraded last night and I have noticed a better battery life. I have been using my bb more than normal today and have more battery life than I normally do at this part of the day. I upgraded from .77 so I no longer have to deal with the speaker phone blast issue, which is nice. Oddly enough, I still expect to hear it, lol!

It only took me a half hour to upgrade instead of the usual 45 minutes. Like everyone else is saying, just give it a shot!

06-02-09 01:56 PM
    Yeah, just do it.

If you decide you want to go back, we can help you do that too.

06-02-09 02:00 PM
    What I can't understand is why there are so few. When I read what the M actually meant, it sort of seemed that all the newer ones released would be M's.
    I actually didn't even know I had the 8330m till about 2 weeks after I had the phone. Lol

06-02-09 02:09 PM
    I just hope they don't forget about the m if they ever decide to do another OS...:/

06-02-09 02:10 PM
    I installed .160 this morning. I haven't really noticed that much of a difference, tho I have been kinda busy and work and haven't gotten to sit down and mess with it much.
    06-02-09 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD