Whenever I enter someones number after I have called them for the first time, or simply by just typing it in directly form the main screen, the number always gets saved as a 'work phone'.
    In reality the majority of my numbers are mobile phones, so I was wondering if there's a way to make 'moble phone' the default that numbers get saved to. Thanks in advance
    04-14-08 02:13 PM
    Nope. That's been an issue for many BBers here.
    3 choices -
    1) use outlook to edit contacts then sync
    2) edit each one on the BB
    3) what I do - live with it lol
    04-14-08 02:16 PM
    Just cut and paste...
    Last edited by chynnamann; 04-14-08 at 04:50 PM.
    04-14-08 02:39 PM
    Cut and paste works even better since it deletes it from the work field at the same time it places it in the mobile field.
    04-14-08 03:22 PM
    Cut and paste works even better since it deletes it from the work field at the same time it places it in the mobile field.
    ^^ true that.
    04-14-08 03:25 PM
    After I upgraded to curve and transferred my contacts, I did spent SOME time on this !!! For those contacts who had home/work/mobile - all three, it came as 3 entries for the same contact and guess what - all with a tag "work"..Imgaine the confustion that must've brought !
    04-14-08 03:44 PM
    I had another phone that did this. I got into the habit of when putting in a new number and contact-I add a - or / and put c for cell, h-home, w-work.

It's simple, but keeps things straight for me
    04-14-08 05:00 PM
    I noticed that to and just copied and pasted it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-08 06:44 PM
    I noticed that to and just copied and pasted it

04-14-08 06:46 PM
    This auto entry into "work" has been bugging me too. Besides, where do you store a second mobile number? I do it in "other", but RIM need to look into this....

04-14-08 09:43 PM
    I'm pretty sure I'm talking about something just a little different. But after I've entered someones number let's say home and mobile when I find their name in the contacts list the default number is their home or work number and I have to scroll down to get to the mobile number. Is there any way to make the mobile first? Idk how many times I've mistakenly called my friends home line at 11pm instead of his cell.

04-14-08 11:21 PM
    Cut and paste
    Go to edit your contacts, cut the number from "work" paste on "mobile"

Also why is it that I can add many email addresses to someones phone book entry but only one mobile number?

04-15-08 04:31 AM
    Unfortunatly there is nothing we can do about this ={
    04-15-08 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD