Greetings!

I�m a new member on these forums. I�ve been a lurker for sometime but haven�t had time to make my own account but finally did. I am part of the IT Support team for my company with an emphasis on BES administration. Raised in the frozen north that is Minnesota!

Question: Is there a way to allow our 8310 Curves to change the time based on local time zone so we don�t have to switch them manually when we step off of the plane? Is it possible?

Thanks! And look forward to participating more!
    04-08-08 03:55 PM
    Hey Luis, welcome to Crackberry.

In options for Time and Date, select the option to update time from the network. When you step off of the plane and turn your berry on, the network will set it to local time.

Your calendar will still be set to whatever timezone you've selected.
    04-08-08 04:11 PM
    Hey Luis, welcome to Crackberry.

In options for Time and Date, select the option to update time from the network. When you step off of the plane and turn your berry on, the network will set it to local time.

Your calendar will still be set to whatever timezone you've selected.
    That does not work for me. I have my Curve set to update from the network but my phone still does not change time zones automatically.
    04-08-08 05:56 PM
    From the Blackberry web site:
    Automatically update the time zone on the BlackBerry device when traveling to another time zone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc ID : KB11675
    Last Modified : 2007-04-03
    Document Type : How To

Print this page

Environment
    BlackBerry� devices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure
    The time zone on the BlackBerry device will not update automatically when travelling from one time zone to another. To manually change the time zone on the BlackBerry device, see KB04943.

Products & Services:
    BlackBerry Devices
    04-08-08 06:01 PM
    I believe there is an issue with bbs not updating by network. I have no idea on how to get that working. Welcome to the addiction!
    04-08-08 06:01 PM
    Welcome to the Club!!!!
    04-08-08 09:22 PM
    Thanks for the welcome!! I appreciate it..

Is there a possibility that Blackberry will update this in a Firmware or OS update? Our executives travel quite a bit and always ask me about this, because, as you know, it's such a pain to change it manually. Although all sarcasm aside, it would be great if it could just switch.
    04-09-08 07:41 AM
    RIM has not mentioned any plans to change this. Just a little nuisance issue, really. Either change it manually, or do a bit of math... lol
    And welcome to CrackBerry!
    04-09-08 07:46 AM
    I for one am glad the BB does not automatically change time zones. I have had previous phones that did, but the calander never is correct.

I would always end up missing a meeting because the reminder popped up to late
    04-09-08 08:49 AM
    Welcome to CB
    04-09-08 08:52 AM
    Greetings!

I�m a new member on these forums. I�ve been a lurker for sometime but haven�t had time to make my own account but finally did. I am part of the IT Support team for my company with an emphasis on BES administration. Raised in the frozen north that is Minnesota!

Question: Is there a way to allow our 8310 Curves to change the time based on local time zone so we don�t have to switch them manually when we step off of the plane? Is it possible?

Thanks! And look forward to participating more!
    Hello every body my name is Philippe and y live in Paris - France thanks for all Philippe (sorry for my english)
    04-09-08 08:56 AM
    Hello Philippe. Welcome to CB.
    04-09-08 09:18 AM
    Thanks for the welcome!! I appreciate it..

Is there a possibility that Blackberry will update this in a Firmware or OS update? Our executives travel quite a bit and always ask me about this, because, as you know, it's such a pain to change it manually. Although all sarcasm aside, it would be great if it could just switch.
    You really don't want it to do so, unless your executives are also entering their calendar appointments correctly in the TZ in which the appointment will take place. Otherwise, they change the TZ stepping of the airplane and BAM, all their appointments are an hour off.

Read this for background:
    http://blackberryfaq.net/wiki/index...._Time_Zones%3F
    04-09-08 09:28 AM
    You really don't want it to do so, unless your executives are also entering their calendar appointments correctly in the TZ in which the appointment will take place. Otherwise, they change the TZ stepping of the airplane and BAM, all their appointments are an hour off.
    This Makes Sense. Though I believe this will issue will eventually need to be resolved through Exchange/Domino and RIM. If Exchange/Domino can program a calender piece that corrects or specifies the time zone exactly with EST/CST/PST etc.. It would be great. This will eventually need to be corrected.
    04-09-08 09:37 AM
    May be after switching to the "network", you need to wait for the first phone call inorder to make it adjust to the local timing ???
    04-09-08 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD