Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum. Just got an 8320 used from a friend. It started life on T-Mobile, is unlocked now, and I'm setting it up and will run on AT&T.

I had posted on blackberry.com asking suggestions about the OS. They said to play with it and if I didn't have problems, don't worry about it. Well, I picked a theme that was loaded on the phone and was immediately greeted with App Error 523 and cycles of resets. Sweet!

Did some reading here. Downloaded the crackmem app and the most recently suggested OS. Ran crackmem, removed unwanted components there, and wiped the phone, and I'm currently installing the OS. Hopefully that's going well.

Good work on the info!

Anyway. Any suggestions for a BB noob are welcome. I plan to use the phone primarily as a phone (of all things!) for work, and for e-mail with a need for viewing attachments. If there is a good browser, then I may use it for internet access. I also have a Samsung A867 for personal use, and can use it...but if I can dump data service on that phone all the better!

Edit: Just an FYI, the OS installation worked very well! It appears there is some residual T-Mobile junk from the firmware, but not a big deal.
    Last edited by gman0007; 08-30-09 at 07:23 PM.
    08-30-09 06:46 PM
    Congrats on the OS installation and welcome to CB.

With all the options checked I find the default browser sufficient but many use Opera.

I'm sure everyone uses their BB differently but there are themes (I designed my own as I couldn't find the perfect one for me!), ringtones, and a stack of 3rd party apps, many of which are free.

The only restriction is the amount of free memory. You need to keep that above 12Kb (Options>Status) so Quickpull is a great app (get the free version).

Most of all, enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 02:24 AM
    Thanks for the input, Ballroom! Now I have to figure out how to use this thing!
    08-31-09 09:26 AM
    Welcome to life with BlackBerry!

I personally like Bolt for a browser. You could give it a try!
    08-31-09 09:36 AM
    Just continue to hang around here and you'll learn everything that you need to know. The 83xx series curve has proven to be a work horse with a huge loyal following! I got mines used as well. I changed the housing from Red to all black and it has the look and feel of a brand new device. If yours is scratched/nicked up, consider changing it. You can order them from ebay...welcome to CB nation!
    08-31-09 11:48 AM
    top of screen on this site blackberry help go to black berry 101 and it takes you through the phone features.
    08-31-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD