I try to protect my curve as much as possible, but I'm a clumsy girl and I frequently drop it. I noticed on the top of it, by the standby button, that the housing has separated a little bit. I try to push it back together, but that doesn't work. I also discovered there is one of my dog's hairs underneath the lens, which I can assume got in through the gap at the top. Should I order a new housing and change it, or just let it be? It bothers me, but I'm a perfectionist so I don't know if it's really that big of a deal. I'm on US Cellular and will be getting rid of this whenever USCC actually gets another blackberry, which at this rate could be another year. So I don't know what to do and I was hoping some of you crackberry geniuses could give me some advice. What would you do? Leave it be or change it out? Thanks guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 11:40 AM
    If you have insurance on phone use it.
    06-06-09 11:55 AM
    i'm with the fish on this one...spend the money on the deductible and u'll get a brand new phone. it'll be worth it.

just maybe get an otterbox too
    06-06-09 12:09 PM
    I don't have insurance I have a friend who works at USCC so I can get a new curve for the same price as the deductible without paying the monthly charge, but I want to do everything possible to keep my pin. Plus my electronic checkbook would take me years to sort through to the point where I could scrap it and start fresh on a new bb. Lol, thanks for the advice though guys

06-06-09 12:13 PM
    Sounds like you might want to get a new housing if you aren't willing to get a new PIN...

Should be a fairly simple change I would think...There's probably a tutorial for changing the housing her on CB
    06-06-09 12:23 PM
    Sounds like you might want to get a new housing if you aren't willing to get a new PIN...

Should be a fairly simple change I would think...There's probably a tutorial for changing the housing her on CB
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hou...change-201687/

the only problem i had with my housing was the bottom antenna piece. it came off fairly easy it just makes the most horrible sound when you do it. didnt break though. pretty rugged piece. putting that stupid little piece back on was a little tricky. you kinda have to do the front part first then the back otherwise it wont snap into place.
    Last edited by Acorn; 06-06-09 at 12:36 PM.
    06-06-09 12:32 PM
    Good to know! I am nervous about changing the housing, but hopefully if I follow the tutorial I won't have any issues. I read that a common problem people were having was that the earphone jack didn't work after switching housings. I listen to a lot of music on my bb so hopefully I can make it through without messing that sucker up!

06-06-09 12:44 PM
    I don't have insurance I have a friend who works at USCC so I can get a new curve for the same price as the deductible without paying the monthly charge, but I want to do everything possible to keep my pin. Plus my electronic checkbook would take me years to sort through to the point where I could scrap it and start fresh on a new bb. Lol, thanks for the advice though guys

If you use Device Switch in Desktop Manager, you won't lose anything. Everything will be transfered to your new BB, and all your BBM contacts will be transferred over as well. The change in device PIN will be seamless as well.

The only thing you will need to do is log in to your BIS site and remove the PIN from your old BB associated with your email accts.

BlackBerry Internet Service

I don't recommend changing your housing, not when you can get a brand new device for the cost of a deductible. You would have to buy a new housing, then change it yourself. A lot of people end up with broken headset jacks or usb ports that don't work following a housing change.
    Last edited by xliderider; 06-06-09 at 01:54 PM.
    06-06-09 01:52 PM
    After it's fixed or replaced, get a rubber skin.
    06-06-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD