hello, my name is rj and im new to the forum and blackberrys / pda's in general. I just got an early upgrade through verizon cause of issues with my last phone and i am looking at the curve... from what i am reading, it seems to be a very good unit... i compared it to the centro 690 because i am reading all over the place that there are more applications available for that, but the centro's keyboard is just too small (im a big text-messanger).

i just wanted to get some feed back from curve users... i probably wont utilize all the curve's abilities but i have a couple email accounts (i would link my work oemail up to it too but i cant see pay $15 more per month for the other data plan because its on a server - im not important enough yet, haha).. lots of text messaging, photos, videos... normal phone calls of course and surfing the web.... how is the phone for all these things? also how is the build in personal organizer?

as far as down loadable applications go... i am reading that opera mini is a must... are there any other programs that are a must have? are there any financial market programs? personal budgeting programs? i see there are some games out there... google maps i also heard is a must! i also saw a program to link it to a mac... which will be useful because that should be another purchase i will be making shortly...

also... i plan on getting a nice size sd card... will the applications i download save to that card to the phones internal memory and use that? if i have the choice.. wouldnt it be better to save it to the card to keep the phones memory free for it to run faster?

are there updates that need to be done? on a monthly, weekly or daily basis? or anything else that differs from a regular cell phone?

thanks in advance for your help and advice... i am pretty sure i want this phone, i just want to get all the info and have all my questions answered before i go through with it...

-rj
    Last edited by Stockton2007; 08-09-08 at 01:41 AM. Reason: forgot a question...
    08-09-08 01:35 AM
    Dude it seems like u are already pretty knowledgeable. There are plenty of financial things for the BB since its just the type of phone.

As far as upgrading, the major thing u will have to do when u get ur phone is upgrade the os from 4.3 to 4.5. Some won't recommend newbies to do that but I'm sure u can handle that. I upgrade often to the newest betas just cuz I like to keep on top of things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 01:46 AM
    Welcome to CB! You can't go wrong with the Curve. For me unlimited data is a must.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 01:49 AM
    The $15 more is if your company has their own BES server.

It's a great phone for sms/mms, photos (good enough), videos (pretty good), normal phone calls (one of the better manufacturers & surfing the web (with either the BBs 4.5 browser or Opera Mini, it's pretty solid)

Right now BBs aren't the greatest to use with Macs unless you dual boot (installing windows)

sd card... the apps can't be installed on the sd like the treo.

updates come maybe once a year as it's not needed.
    08-09-08 01:49 AM
    Welcome to crackberry.com!
    08-09-08 01:50 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    08-09-08 04:32 AM
    Seems like you're already ahead of the game.
    Welcome to CracBerry!!
    08-09-08 05:06 AM
    thank you for all of the welcomes... and for the information as well...

does not being able to save applications for a SD card cause the phones internal memory to fill up fast?

i am assuming my company has its own bes server.. i work for harrah's entertainment... is that the only difference between teh 30 and 45 plan?

where can you get reviews on applications? like which is best for that type of program? also, i saw a "themes" are they to just look like another device?

anything else i should know in general?

oh, will it sync with linux?

thanks again

-rj
    Last edited by Stockton2007; 08-09-08 at 08:20 AM. Reason: forgot a question
    08-09-08 06:46 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    08-09-08 08:30 AM
    As CJH said, the unlimited data plan is a must, if you find that it's not, you can always remove the plan at a later date.

And yes Mac & BB do not mix well at all, just okay. Hopefully that will change in the future. Check out the section for Mac users on Crackberry.

Also, bookmark this search page
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php
    08-09-08 09:02 AM
    And welcome to CB
    08-09-08 09:03 AM
    Welcome to CB
    08-09-08 09:06 AM
    Welcome to CB. Come play the Photo Scavenger Hunt game if you a chance.
    08-10-08 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD