Brand new and need help.....First I must say that I have learned a lot from the threads on here and was excited when I was able to get my bb. But I have what I hope is a pretty simple question and hopefully not a dumb one. I want to change the option of dialing from the home screen to not do it anymore. I just keep sending myself in circles My other question is that I have seemed to forget where the general options thing is.....uhh

Sorry if this is too simple but I really appreciate the help
    07-02-08 11:32 PM
    Press the phone button > then menu > options >
    general options > scroll to dial from home screen and set to
    No > save and exit
    07-02-08 11:36 PM
    General options is an icon on your home screen. Mine is a wrench. Dialing from home screen I believe if you go to your phone screen then options. Good luck and welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 11:36 PM
    many THANKS!! This is a wonderful site

I see some of ya'll are posting from your bb. what's the easiest way to get that going? is it an app? and where can I get it? or just go to the site?
    07-02-08 11:44 PM
    You just need to go to wap.crackberry.com to post from your BB! It is easy, just sign in under your username and you are good to go. Welcome to crackberry, and you will soon be an addict like the rest of us !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-08 11:52 PM
    Brand new and need help.....First I must say that I have learned a lot from the threads on here and was excited when I was able to get my bb. But I have what I hope is a pretty simple question and hopefully not a dumb one. I want to change the option of dialing from the home screen to not do it anymore. I just keep sending myself in circles My other question is that I have seemed to forget where the general options thing is.....uhh

The only POOR question is the one that never gets asked.......I think we all learn new tips and tricks everyday here (at least I do). Welcome to the life of a trackBALLER - they are marvelous devices..........
    07-03-08 09:39 AM
    I have a Pearl 8130 on Sprint and when I go to /Phone / Menu / Options / General Options / , it doesn't have an option for turning my " dial from home screen" ! Here is what I see:

Auto Answer Calls: Never
    Auto End Calls: Into Holster
    Confirm Delete: Yes
    Restrict My Identity: Off
    Phone List View: Call Log
    Show "My Number": No
    Default Call Volume: Previous
    Enhance Call Audio: Boost Bass

& that's it! Am I missing something here?
    Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to do keyboard shortcuts from the home screen without it trying to dial a number automatically.
    07-05-08 07:02 AM

A good way to become familiar with your phone is right here... Menu > Help (question sign) > clickety click
    When you find yourself with a little time to kill, then just play with the phone by going to the Help folder. There is just about everything on operating your BB there for you. Have fun

Welcome to the Crack!
    07-05-08 07:15 AM
    many THANKS!! This is a wonderful site

I see some of ya'll are posting from your bb. what's the easiest way to get that going? is it an app? and where can I get it? or just go to the site?
    wap.crackberry.com

or

download the crackberry launcher..
    07-05-08 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD