I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem...

I downloaded the NEW Version of Google Maps from m.google.com/maps and upgraded my old version of Google Maps.

After my install I went into my applications add-on in my Desktop Manager and went to install another application and it Downgrades my Google maps Back to the original Version and won't give me the option to Not Downgrade it.

09-30-08 02:35 PM
    i'm having this problem with docs to go, and bbalarms, hasnt happened with google maps though. i'm interested to see what the answer to this one is as well.
    09-30-08 02:36 PM
    I have encountered something similar where DM wanted to remove a game from my Curve. There was no way to prevent it from doing this and I had to go forward, so I let it go and then reinstalled the game hasn't happened since.

I suggest you let it DM do what it wants to do and then reinstall GM from your PC.
    09-30-08 03:03 PM
    I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem...

I downloaded the NEW Version of Google Maps from m.google.com/maps and upgraded my old version of Google Maps.

After my install I went into my applications add-on in my Desktop Manager and went to install another application and it Downgrades my Google maps Back to the original Version and won't give me the option to Not Downgrade it.

i just recently did the exact same things you did and had no issues with it trying to downgrade anything. not sure what the answer to your question would be but you could just delete google maps and install your new app. then just redownload maps ota.
    09-30-08 03:05 PM
    I have probably re-installed google maps like 5 times now. And downloaded it OTA each time. I just dunno what to say.
    09-30-08 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD