Hi Everyone,

I've looked everywhere (these forums, google, etc.), and I can't find a good description for the features of OS Version 4.5. I'm debating whether I want to upgrade or not. I have a Curve 8330 with Verizon Wireless.

I currently have 4.3, and it works GREAT! I've been reading the forums for days and the reviews have been mixed - some devices are flawless in the upgrade, others are nightmares. I, of course, am afraid of the "nightmare" situation happening to me (Murphy's Law, you know?).

I don't know anyone local that has a Blackberry, so if I were to experience problems, solving it would be all on my own. YIKES!

So - I guess what I want to know is - are the features of 4.5 worth the risk of a rookie upgrading (and yes, no worries... I will follow the instructions to a T!!!)

If someone can point me to specs, I would appreciate it! I was unsuccessful finding them myself!
    11-10-08 02:38 PM
    You most likely don't need to upgrade IMO. The main features are DocsToGo (edit Word & Excel docs), updated media player & browser and some other things. IMO 4.3 is just as good, if not better, for now.
    11-10-08 02:41 PM
    If everything is working great with 4.3, then I suggest you leave it as is. Version 4.5 lets you read HTML e-mail, but I am not sure that is worth the time and effort to upgrade (although I did it).
    11-10-08 02:45 PM
    BlackBerry has published the specs for v4.5xx

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software

Several of these are already present with v4.3xx, but the improvements have continued.

Your carrier has approved the software update and take responsibility for the success or failure.

Many of us have been through the process and we are glad to help you along the way.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-10-08 at 03:50 PM.
    11-10-08 03:47 PM
    Thank you all! I love these forums - everyone is SO helpful! Many thanks!
    11-11-08 12:28 AM
    So I have questions I hope someone can answer. On version 4.5, is there a different clock application that replaces the old alarm system? Also, is there an EQ for the mediaplayer?
    11-11-08 04:19 AM
    So I have questions I hope someone can answer. On version 4.5, is there a different clock application that replaces the old alarm system? Also, is there an EQ for the mediaplayer?
    To answer your questions.
    The clock/alarm application is still the same as 4.3. If you are looking for an alarm system that allows you to have multiple alarms and on certain days, try out MyAlarm.

Concerning the EQ for the media player, it is still there however, it is now only for the headset, you can navigate to this by opening up Media -> Menu Button -> Options -> Headset Equalizer

Cheers!
    11-11-08 06:35 AM
    Isn't 4.5 supposed to enable AIM and Live Messenger now? I can't seem to find it. The funny thing is that I see the service book for AIM under my options. Anyone know how to enable it?
    11-11-08 06:39 AM
    It's probably hidden, scroll over an icon>hit menu>and select show all. See if that works...
    11-11-08 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD