Hey dudes and dudettes... I am having a couple issues with my T-Mobile 83-something Titanium Curve. Please be gentle with me - I am not the sharpest card in the deck :-)...

Two questions - both dealing with the mini-SD media card I bought and installed. First, how can I back up my address book to it?

Second - there seems to be something strange happening with my music files. Only a small number of songs show up in the listing when I select Music within Media on the device. But if I click "explore", everything shows up. And it all shows up as being on my media card when I connect to Roxio/Media Manager on the laptop.

What gives? thanks for all the help.
    08-18-08 08:24 AM
    You cannot backup contacts to your media card. Unless there is some 3rd party app that does this but I don't know of any. Yours cantacts are backed up within the backups the Desktop manager does.

When you transfed the music to the card did you let Roxio convert them for you? Are the files that are not showing up the same format as the ones that do show up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 08:31 AM
    Welcome to CB mate. Also just to add to what GrandmasterB has said make sure you format your memory prior to moving files to yet.
    08-18-08 08:35 AM
    Welcome to The Crack!

First: You cannot back up your address book to the Media card. It is for media only. Use Desktop Manager to back up your entire device to your PC or sync your address book to Outlook or another contact management app on your PC.

Second: iTunes songs with DRM will not show up in Media Player. This may also apply to any protected songs from other stores.

08-18-08 08:35 AM
    Welcome to CB mate. Also just to add to what GrandmasterB has said make sure you format your memory prior to moving files to yet.
    Hrmmm. My card worked without formatting it. I had put songs on an 8gb mem card but it caused my BB to slow considerably. I figured the phone wasn't cut out to handle 5gb worth of songs hehe. Could not formatting the card lead to this issue?

--Rick--

08-18-08 09:03 AM
    welcome to CB and u rock cuz u have T-mobile!
    08-18-08 09:18 AM
    If the card was brand new your phone should create the file system the first time it is inserted BUT if you are having problems I would sugest backing up you media to your PC , formatting the card in your BlackBerry and then recopying madia to the appropriate folders.

I have 8gb of music on mine and no slowing. I have heard from others it can take up to an hour for the media player to index the music when first copied but after that your should see no slowing unless you are accessing the media files from the card of course.

08-18-08 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD