Day three of blackberryness and not quite convinced...
    I have sent, or thought i sent, some texts which were never received, and have not received a text since I got the bb. What can I do??
    I have so many questions about how to use this thing and I'm wondering if I should have gotten an iphone instead. Like, how do i send myself mp3s from my mac? I tried yesterday and the bb wouldn't receive anything. It only gave me one choice to save the song in the preloaded ringtones area and then it refused to do it.
    I'm sure I am going to have a ton of questions about this device. thanks for all your help, crackberryheads.

Christina
    11-09-07 08:37 AM
    Try sending yourself a message first. I had a problem w/ my curve at first, and turned out I needed to do that to activate it. Maybe it'll work for yah?
    11-09-07 08:40 AM
    TRying the link below and send yourself service books. If that doesnt work then you might try contacting CS because they once had my unit locked to not receive or send any text messgaes. They unlocked it and the world was green again. Good luck

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    11-09-07 08:54 AM
    Ok i tried sending myself a text and it shows up in my messages list with an X next to it. The test one I sent to my boyfriend yesterday has a check next to it, but he never received it.
    11-09-07 09:10 AM
    You should call AT&T and make sure that your account was provisioned with the right services properly. They screw that up ALOT.
    11-09-07 09:18 AM
    I'm not sure what that means. I am signed up for some kind of unlimited text messaging thing (very technical term), is that what you mean? On my old phone (crappy old nokia) I was texting right and left and now nada.
    11-09-07 09:27 AM
    I'm not sure what that means. I am signed up for some kind of unlimited text messaging thing (very technical term), is that what you mean? On my old phone (crappy old nokia) I was texting right and left and now nada.
    Correct. Just because you are signed up for it doesn't meant they actually configured it correctly on your account.

Provisioning flags are the little settings that AT&T turns on or off to give you your different services, and AT&T is notorious for ginching them completely up whenever you change your plan. It is my one and only true complaint about AT&T, but it's easily fixed.

Call AT&T, explain IN EXACT DETAIL the problems you are experiencing and tell them that you believe the provisioning flags are not set properly on your account. Say those exact words, and say them confidently. It's harder to **** around a customer who sounds like they know what they are talking.
    11-09-07 09:32 AM
    Can a Blackberry send/receive SMS from one BB to another? I cannot send a SMS text to my wife's BB, but I can text my work phone, which is not a BB or RIM connected at all, with no problem. I can PIN her with no problem, so I was thinking that maybe two BB's won't/can't/don't use SMS when the target is another BB. Is that correct? I'm new to ways and wiles of the BB.
    11-09-07 09:54 AM
    The awful truth about the blackberry curve is that you will never fix the problem of certain people (predominately on other carriers like sprint) not receiving, or receiving blank sms text messages from you. I am on my THIRD blackberry curve and the problem still persists. I am switching phones NEVER to return.
    10-29-08 03:42 PM
    chrisrp:

That is a problem between your carrier and the other network and not the phone. I was having that same problem between my carrier (Verizon) and my friend's carrier (US Cellular). Verizon called US Cellular and between the two companies techs worked out the switching/connecting problem of the texts for me.
    10-29-08 04:10 PM
    missgregory:

This is a simple fix and very common problem. Call AT&T and have them reset the texting switch on your account. You may have to do this once or twice a year as they are easily corrupted.
    10-29-08 04:22 PM
    Yup. It's your account. Has nothing to do with your phone. My Curve and I text people on other carriers all the time with no problems. Same with my wife and her Curve.
    11-03-08 09:06 AM
    Can a Blackberry send/receive SMS from one BB to another? I cannot send a SMS text to my wife's BB, but I can text my work phone, which is not a BB or RIM connected at all, with no problem. I can PIN her with no problem, so I was thinking that maybe two BB's won't/can't/don't use SMS when the target is another BB. Is that correct? I'm new to ways and wiles of the BB.
    I text another BB Curve user many many times a day..no problem. We also PIN, IM with beejive, e mail and occassionally actually use the phone as a phone and (gasp) talk
    11-03-08 09:44 AM
    Call ATT for the text.....as far as IM you need data on most carriers to do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 09:55 AM
    One other thing that I would like to mention...I have intermittent loss of send/receive. Every now and then, usually when my phone is not used for a day, or not sure why, it will stop sending and receiving. Could be the carrier, tmobile, but when I take the battery out for about 10 seconds then put it back in, then all is good.
    11-03-09 04:23 PM
    Day three of blackberryness and not quite convinced...
    I have sent, or thought i sent, some texts which were never received, and have not received a text since I got the bb. What can I do??
    I have so many questions about how to use this thing and I'm wondering if I should have gotten an iphone instead. Like, how do i send myself mp3s from my mac? I tried yesterday and the bb wouldn't receive anything. It only gave me one choice to save the song in the preloaded ringtones area and then it refused to do it.
    I'm sure I am going to have a ton of questions about this device. thanks for all your help, crackberryheads.

Christina
    i have a mac, to get mp3s you
    -NEED TO MAKE A PLAYLIST ON YOUR ITUNES I CALLED MY BBLIST
    -YOU NEED THE DESKTOP MANAGER FOR THE MAC WHICH IS ON THE BLACKBERRY WEBSITE
    -ONCE YOU HAVE THAT INSTALLED HOOK UP YOUR CURVE AND THEN GO TO MEDIA AND THEN IT WILL SHOW YOU YOUR PLAYLISTS PICK THE ONE YOU MADE FOR YOUR PHONE AND IT WILL UPDATE IT YOU CANT EMAIL THEM TO THE PHONE THAT DOESNT WORK

also for the texting make sure your using "SEND SMS" text and make sure you have a data plan for texting too
    the "MMS" i use only to send pictures
    hope that helps
    11-03-09 05:39 PM
    i have the blackberry curve 8310 and all of a sudden it stopped receiving SMS texts. i can send them with no problem but i cannot receive any...help!
    12-30-09 12:19 PM
    what does it show in options/advanced options/default services? I lost my messaging and this was blank so I had the carrier resend service books and works now.
    12-30-09 10:11 PM
    missgregory:

This is a simple fix and very common problem. Call AT&T and have them reset the texting switch on your account. You may have to do this once or twice a year as they are easily corrupted.
    What is the number for AT&T?
    11-23-10 07:16 AM
    What is the number for AT&T?
    This is a 3-year-old thread, and you need to use it to ask AT&T's number? You have a UK e-mail address. Are you sure you need AT&T's number?
    11-23-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD