A friend of mine got a new curve on Verizon network and asked me to get it working 100% effectively for her. I adjusted some settings already and I still need to transfer contacts to it. She plans on having following Apps on it:

Yahoo IM
    AIM
    Pandora
    Buzz Me
    BoA banking
    yahoo and gmail accounts

my questions are this

1. when i pull up her applications list there is "Blackberry Chinese characters" and others in there. can they be removed to give more space?

2. what should NOT be removed?

3. What apps can you all recommend? She uses it for work, email, browser, chat, and whatever else.
    08-10-09 06:17 AM
    I removed all the foreign languages in Applications and if there are any sample videos and photos in Media, you can remove those. Some of the apps like Facebook, Myspace, AOL, etc are merely portals to load those apps if you want, but you can't remove those from memory unless you do some kind of hack. But unless you actually go and download and install that particular app, it is just an icon.

there are a few free little apps she can get depending on her likes. There is a mobile app download for Crackbery Mobile, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble booksellers; how about Google Maps, ereader to read ebooks (all free). I purchased QuickLaunch which I find essential and also BerryWeather and Berry Tunes.

Good luck
    08-10-09 06:51 AM
    You might want to check out this CrackBerry wap site that has tons of apps, some of which might be useful. WAP is designed for the BlackBerry and the links are all downloadable over-the-air.
    http://wap.crackberry.com/otaapps.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 07:36 AM
    how long does free trial for Jivetalk last? that would eliminate having multiple im apps loaded.
    08-10-09 09:45 AM
    I think a month, don't hold me to it. Jivetalk is great, as it is powerful and like you said one app. I think it is $20 for a bb and then $30 for life and can be put on ANY bb from there on out.
    08-10-09 10:44 AM
    QuickPull Pro is a couple of dollars, and worth it; you can set it to tell you when your File Free Memory drops below whatever amount you set it for.

08-10-09 10:57 AM
    GOOD STUFF.

ill entertain more info as i search the site.
    08-10-09 02:47 PM
    I noticed you said for work also.I think berrybuzz is a great buy for that. I have my led colors one way for personal contacts calls emails and messages and a different led color for work contacts

08-10-09 08:07 PM
    any other suggestions?
    08-12-09 11:38 AM
    Google maps is a must for me. I know you're on verzn , but att charges $10 a month for their navagator, when google maps does the exact same thing for free.

08-12-09 12:00 PM
    I made a folder called "unused" and put all the icons and apps that came on my BB and can't easily be deleted in it. Then you can just hide that folder. Makes the app/icon screen much less cluttered and easier to find things.
    08-12-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD