I had a Pearl 8110 with At&t for the past few years and a 7290 before that so Im no virgin But its been so long since Ive set up an email acct on a BB...

I bought a Curve tonight through Sprint with the $89.99 900 minutes and unlimited BIS plan. However, I have no internet icon and cannot set up my pop email.

I resent my service books, did a few hard reboots (battery pulls), and also registered with sprint.blackberry.com, my email was accepted. Im desperately trying NOT to call customer service.

Is this a formality with Sprint? Is there a waiting period before my internet and email becomes active on the network?
    12-18-08 09:51 PM
    Does it say 1xev or 1XEV at the top?
    12-18-08 09:56 PM
    Its rebooting right now as Im transferring all of the stuff from my old BB to my new one through desktop manager... Im 99.9999% positive it said 1XEV in caps at the top.
    12-18-08 10:04 PM
    Sounds VERY typical for Sprint! My daughter is on her fourth curve, with the fifth one in the mail from insurance for pretty much the same problem....the internet icon will not stay, or the navigation icon won't stay...whichever you use, the other disappears. I have no idea how many times she has done "provisioning" today! Plus we had it at two stores. She has had it freezing up and doing all sorts of weird things. Good luck to you, hope you have better luck than she is having!
    12-18-08 10:13 PM
    Nope, not the problem at all. My internet hadnt been activated yet. The nice representative activated it and now my internet icons are there, everything is working ok! Thanks.
    12-18-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD