Hi everyone, I'm a new Blackberry Curve owner and I have a question. I'm currently with Sprint and is it possible for me to download ringtones onto my Curve? I went to my Sprint account and chose ringers but it does not have a listing of the songs. Do I have to download full mp3s and use them as my ring tones or can I use current mp3s on my computer for my ringtones? Also can I add individual ringtones for certain contacts?
    Last edited by Mantronix; 05-28-08 at 05:09 PM.
    05-28-08 04:46 PM
    Crackberry.com has TONS of ringtones you can download for free. And, yes, you can add individual ringtones for certian contacts. Edit the contact by highlighting the contact and then hitting the BB button and scroll down to 'Custom Phone Tune."

BTW: You can now change your Device Model to a Curve.
    05-28-08 05:31 PM
    Crackberry.com has TONS of ringtones you can download for free. And, yes, you can add individual ringtones for certian contacts. Edit the contact by highlighting the contact and then hitting the BB button and scroll down to 'Custom Phone Tune."

BTW: You can now change your Device Model to a Curve.
    Is the contact considered the "Address book" icon or it's something different? I can't find the "contact" icon and it doesn't give the option Custom Phone Tune. God excuse for my noobness.
    Last edited by Mantronix; 05-28-08 at 05:40 PM.
    05-28-08 05:37 PM
    The ring tones on the Sprint site aren't compatible with the BB. Either get them from here or make your own. That's what I do.
    05-28-08 05:38 PM
    The ring tones on the Sprint site aren't compatible with the BB. Either get them from here or make your own. That's what I do.
    Yeah I called Sprint and that is what they told me.
    05-28-08 05:43 PM
    Is the contact considered the "Address book" icon or it's something different? I can't find the "contact" icon and it doesn't give the option Custom Phone Tune. God excuse for my noobness.
    Contacts are in the Address Book. Try highlighing your contact in the address book then hit menu button, and scroll to add custom phone tune.
    05-28-08 05:44 PM
    Have you tried third party programs? Myxer? Zedge? Do a search, you'll find a few. And lots are free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 05:45 PM
    First off, welcome to the wonderful world of Crackberry.

The Contacts are the data entries inside your Address Book. There is no Contact icon on the desktop.

Go into the address book, select a specific contact entry (ie. Mom), press the menu button and select Add Custom Phone Tune.

I HIGHLY recommend you head on over and check out the Blackberry 101 and Getting Started Guide areas. They will answer a lot of your questions before you even ask them.

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

New Users Guide to CrackBerry.com | CrackBerry.com
    05-28-08 05:48 PM
    Guys ok I'm not going crazy. I see every other option from delete, Activity log, SMS Text, Call voice mail, Send to messenger contact ect but I do not see Add Custom Phone Tune. What am I doing wrong?
    05-28-08 06:04 PM
    You have to go into profiles, the little speaker on your desktop, then change your ringtone... Click the speaker, scroll down to advanced, click that, click whatever is highlighted, and then scroll to phone, change your ringtone there. There are tons of great ringtones here on CB! Good luck!
    05-28-08 06:08 PM
    You have to go into profiles, the little speaker on your desktop, then change your ringtone... Click the speaker, scroll down to advanced, click that, click whatever is highlighted, and then scroll to phone, change your ringtone there. There are tons of great ringtones here on CB! Good luck!
    Thank you!!! I got it working now.
    05-28-08 06:12 PM
    Your welcome, Good luck!!!
    05-28-08 06:14 PM
    That is just to change the global ringtone. You should be able to go into your address book, highlight a contact, then hit your menu (BB button) and scroll down to "add custom ringtone". That should work for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 06:19 PM
    -----

Welcome to the first 48 hours of total confusion.... then it gets better. The language is a little different. It appears they don't use the word "Contacts" a lot so you don't at first associate it with your Address Book Icon. I don't understand why they did that. Some things probably ought to stay standard. And when something that simple becomes confusing, disappointment sets in fast.

After you learn to get around those Icons, you'll start having some fun. My salesman gave me good advice. He said every time I click on an Icon, hit the Menu button (left of trackball) and when you click on something in there, click the Menu again. In other words, there's lots of stuff buried inside the menus.

Another thing, the "Option" and "Profiles" Icons do some important basic stuff, so familiarize yourself with those. And, you can move the Icons where you want them, like on the first row you'll prolly want the ones you use most. Just scroll to the Icon and hit the Menu....choose "Move" and move it where you want it. Don't forget to scroll down in the Profiles menu, check out "Advanced" to see what's in there.

One problem I had was not scrolling down far enough, thinking the Menus end with just 5 or 6 options....duh...keep scrolling, some are a lot longer.

Good luck, before long you'll actually be having fun. Oh...if you got to the free Crackberry Ringtones (in the menu under "Downloads and Tools" above, you can listen to the ringtone you want, then push "send ringtone to my email" and it'll appear in your phone email....highlight the link and click...then "save" it. It couldn't be easier.

Have fun!

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 05-28-08 at 06:52 PM.
    05-28-08 06:48 PM
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm really loving my Blackberry and I can see why they call it crackberry. Even my girlfriend is thinking about purchasing one now.
    05-28-08 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD