Hey all,

Didn't want to start a new thread, so I just figured I'd hijack this one...

I too, am coming from the Storm to the Curve. After a few weeks of "intense negotiations" with Verizon, Yesterday they finally decided to "give in" and asked me which BB device I wanted. I had done some internet research and decided that it would be the Curve. From all accounts, both personal and written, I'm looking forward to a more stable device.

Have nothing bad to say about the storm, it just didn't work out for me and cost me alot of business due to constant resets (like 4 or 5 a day, and that's not including the resets that came with an incoming phone call) and it just not functioning in the way in which I expected it too. As this was my 3rd storm in about 4 months, I didn't find it acceptable to keep switching out devices every month or so. The just released OS .148 leak early this morning seems to be running great and actually I had no issues with it, but I'm afraid that after the newness and placebo effect wear off, storm owners will be back where they started: Waiting for the next official update or leak.

Either way, I'm happy to be jumping ship and coming to a solid device where I can actually have fun with it and not be constantly worried about what was going to go wrong next.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and an even better Memorial day weekend!!!
    05-20-09 04:11 PM
    I cannot wait until August 1st when I am getting rid of my Dare and getting the Curve
    05-20-09 05:31 PM
    Just saw this thread was heavy on ex-storm users and thought I would drop a line... Just switched to the Curve today after 5+ months of Storm usage.. Loving it so far!
    05-21-09 01:58 AM
    Congrats!
    And, I would have to vote Pandora over Slacker...Slacker has a couple of cool features that Pandora doesn't offer, but it's waaaay to bloated.
    05-21-09 07:41 AM
    Just saw this thread was heavy on ex-storm users and thought I would drop a line... Just switched to the Curve today after 5+ months of Storm usage.. Loving it so far!
    Please add my name to the list of former storm users... so nice to see the applications working in their native environment, instead of in "Disable compatibility mode"
    05-21-09 10:09 AM
    Pandora and Opera Mini are musts!!!
    05-21-09 12:39 PM
    I did the samething i startd verizon with the Storm.....lookd bada** but when i had to start textn it killd me...so i took it bk n got my 8330 bk....happy as h*ll now!!! Still trying to figure out wat apps are good tho...wish i had suggestions for ya....
    05-22-09 11:54 PM
    Bolt is amazing.. Was a huge Opera fan on the Storm but Bolt rocks my socks on the Curve.

FB 1.5 no complaints here although reviews are mixed.

You know I use to think people were nuts when they said I shouldn't have had a Storm as my first Blackberry but I loved it!! Now I realize the Storm is just a piece of junk with some Blackberry feel which is what I loved.

Now the Curve... THATS a Blackberry!
    05-23-09 03:06 AM
    quickpull is great, pandora is awesome, i also like opera mini
    05-23-09 08:55 AM
    Hi! Put my name in the hat of Storm owners jumping ship. My husband called customer service yesterday after seven weeks of watching me scream at my phone. I really wanted to keep trying to get over the things that irritated me about the Storm and tried everything to make sure it wasn't user error that I was experiencing (this is my first blackberry). I really liked the concept of the Storm, if only it would function. The final straw was my "intermittent connection". From day one I had intermittent data connection (where a webpage would just stop loading), but my storm started doing the same thing with phone calls. Some I would get, some I would not. Yesterday, after the hubby tried to call four times with no response from me, he began to think I'd been in an accident or something. After I had returned home over an hour later... my phone alerted me that I had four missed calls and two voice mails.
    Verizon customer service is the bomb. We are new to Verizon after paying three ETFs to sprint to change over, and I really expected that it didn't even pay to make the phone call inquiring about my Storm. 30 days is 30 days and I was quite a few weeks past that. To my surprise there was hardly an issue at all. Verifying we've taken all the troubleshooting steps was enough to get my new Curve on the way. I get it Tuesday, by the way... I'm very excited.

I do have a question in all my ramblings here.... I am looking for an appropriate theme to purchase for my shiny new Curve. I would like one that maintains the ability to change font size for menus, etc. I had previously tried a couple different ones on my Storm, but when increasing font size, the menus stayed the same as whatever was default, (too small for my liking). Any suggestions?

.... and congratulations to all you Storm owners out there that have had success when you've decided to move on. I am certain that one day the touchscreen blackberry will be amazing.
    05-23-09 10:32 AM
    I wouldn't get quick pull its a waste of memory just push Alt, right shift, and del all at once and your phone will reset on its own.. As far as apps go I would recommend bbfile scout and the crackberry forums launcher! Enjoy your new curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 11:19 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD