Hey guys! Quick question, Im buying a new Curve ( and im super excited about it too!! ) Can i use my husbands pearl flip software for the curve, or download it from somewhere. Im getting a **** of a deal on the phone...but i want to make sure i have software too! Thanks in advance.
    Lacey
    04-28-09 05:38 PM
    It depends on what you're looking for. If it's licensed software then probably not because you need one license per device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 05:47 PM
    Ohhh well thats bad news. Hmmm...?
    04-28-09 05:54 PM
    Or are you talking about the Desktop Manager software or the handheld operating system software?

04-28-09 05:55 PM
    The desktop manager software... the disk that comes in the box, well supposed to anyway! Is there hope for me?
    04-28-09 05:59 PM
    Yes, you can manage both devices with the Desktop Manager.

04-28-09 06:02 PM
    Phhewww!! Youre my hero! Ok another question...the phone im getting is an unlocked 8330 and it is said to be usable for gsm, i have tmobile. what am i going to have to do...just call them and get it activated? what else? sorry for all the questions just want to make sure i get all my info gathered. thanks again!
    04-28-09 06:05 PM
    Who told you it could be used on GSM?

04-28-09 06:11 PM
    The owner who had it unlocked said it can be used on any gsm sim carrier.
    04-28-09 06:15 PM
    This is funny...I take it that you are not familiar with networks. You can't use a CDMA phone on GSM. Only AT&T & T-Mobile is compatible on a unlocked GSM Phone. The 8330 is CDMA not GSM.
    04-28-09 06:21 PM
    Are you buying this from Craigslist?
    04-28-09 06:23 PM
    Ok, glad you find this amusing im new at this and no im not that familiar. I was under the impression that it could be unlocked to be used with a sim card...ugh. Back to looking for another phone!
    04-28-09 06:23 PM
    I found it on craigslist, it turned out to be a friend of my husbands.
    04-28-09 06:24 PM
    Did you purchase it on one of the auction sites?
    04-28-09 06:25 PM
    I've seen lots of issues with people who purchase BlackBerry's from Craigslist, that's just from what i've seen...
    04-28-09 06:26 PM
    Yeah, glad i didnt buy it yet!!! i would have been ripped!!
    04-28-09 06:27 PM
    Ask for your money back, since you know him. Maybe he didn't know either.
    04-28-09 06:27 PM
    This is funny...I take it that you are not familiar with networks. You can't use a CDMA phone on GSM. Only AT&T & T-Mobile is compatible on a unlocked GSM Phone. The 8330 is CDMA not GSM.
    Ok, glad you find this amusing im new at this and no im not that familiar. I was under the impression that it could be unlocked to be used with a sim card...ugh. Back to looking for another phone!
    Please forgive Flava Flave over there Sometimes people assume or take for granted that everyone that post here has some knowledge of BlackBerries; whoch is truly NOT the case. We were all new at one time or another.

The responses you rec'd cold have been summed up in one post.

You need Desktop Manager- I wouldn't use the version on the CD- but thats just me.
    As was already said- DM will recognize both your device and your husbands'.

As far as any other software (apps) he may have on his phone, you can use them if they are free. If he paid for any of them, they are probably associated to his PIN #. Each and every BlackBerry comes with it's own PIN#.

As far as OS updates (operating system) unless your husband as done this before, get familiar with your phone before you start messing around with the OS. There's a 101 series post you should read.

I think you already have the understanding that GSM phones cannot be unlocked to use on a CDMA network and vice-versa. There seems to be a lot of Craiglist scams to that affect.

You ca always buy a BlackBerry on eBay from a reputable (power) seller.

And lastly- Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    04-28-09 06:38 PM
    I've seen lots of issues with people who purchase BlackBerry's from Craigslist, that's just from what i've seen...
    SD, I think they are doing it because you don't get the same protection as if you bought from eBay. Once those folks from Craiglist get your money, you're stuck!
    04-28-09 06:40 PM
    Thanks a bunch for all the info. And i forgive lol Im back to the drawing board i guess when it comes to looking for a new phone!...after of course i call this guy and rip him a new one! maybe he didnt know but he will so no one else gets ripped off. Like i said, im soooo glad i didnt buy it!!! i would have been so mad!
    thanks again, and im sure ill be back!!! you guys are awesome ( and quick to boot! )
    04-28-09 07:04 PM
    SD, I think they are doing it because you don't get the same protection as if you bought from eBay. Once those folks from Craiglist get your money, you're stuck!
    That's exactly why, most of what I see the devices are either defective, stolen, or have a locked ESN...
    04-28-09 07:08 PM
    Thanks a bunch for all the info. And i forgive lol Im back to the drawing board i guess when it comes to looking for a new phone!...after of course i call this guy and rip him a new one! maybe he didnt know but he will so no one else gets ripped off. Like i said, im soooo glad i didnt buy it!!! i would have been so mad!
    thanks again, and im sure ill be back!!! you guys are awesome ( and quick to boot! )
    There are plenty of us that have purchased BB's on eBay w/O a hitch. I'd do it again in a heartbeat b/c the seller was wonderful & delivery took 2 days w/ free shipping.
    04-28-09 08:12 PM
    That's exactly why, most of what I see the devices are either defective, stolen, or have a locked ESN...
    The sad part about this is that it's not fair to the buyer to say, you get what you pay for because the buyer didn't go into it just to get duped.

I've bought 2 items off Craiglist. In both cases, it was a steal because the sellers really needed the money and I just happen to be in the right place at the right time; so to speak.
    04-28-09 08:21 PM
    I understand what you're saying Lex...
    04-28-09 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD