New guy with a new, first-time BB. Just sounds like trouble brewing, huh. Failed to find anything on "search" about this issue.

Have owned my BB for one week and in that time this issue has happened twice -- on the 2nd day and today. I use the mute key to put the Curve in standby and place it in my Blackberry holster. Upon removing the BB, it was frozen on the black screen those two times. NO keys were active. Only removing the batt brought the unit back to life. I did nothing different than the other 2 or 3 hundred times it has been in/out of the same holster. Is this a known issue and, if so, how do I fix? Thanks for any help!
    06-01-08 07:24 PM
    No need to use the Standby key if you're using an OEM Blackberry holster, it has a magnet in it that puts it in standby on entry.

Not sure why you would need to pull the battery after removing it, but (silly question) did you try pushing the standby button after you removed it from the holster?
    06-01-08 07:28 PM
    No need to use the Standby key if you're using an OEM Blackberry holster, it has a magnet in it that puts it in standby on entry.

Not sure why you would need to pull the battery after removing it, but (silly question) did you try pushing the standby button after you removed it from the holster?
    Yeah, I just learned today the holster would put it in standby. Like I said -- I'm new.

On the buttons, I tried EVERY button -- even tried to turn the unit off -- and NOTHING worked, not a single key or button. The only way to bring it back to life was a hard boot (aka - removing and replacing the batt). I carried it back to ATT the first time it happened and they also had to remove the batt to get it going. They had no clue about the issue.
    06-01-08 07:53 PM
    Like Chaz said, pressing the mute button will release from standby.. That's how I take mine off standby

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD