Ok Sprint is sending me a phone because my 4 button stopped working on my 3 month old curve, My question is i have no Sprint stores remotely close to me. Is there a way i can save all the info on my phone and put it into my new phone??? If not i am gonna lose my custom theme and my blackberry weather app not to mention some other things???? Has anyone done this before thru sprint?? I didn't have to use the insurance because the phone is less than a year old will i get a refurb or a new phone from sprint?? Can i keep my battery as a spare without getting charged?? anything else i should know? Thanks
    06-15-09 04:21 PM
    As for the apps go to the FAQ section look up how to backup 3rd party apps thread it will guide you how to backup your apps and themes. As for the battery you might be able to keep probably not though they will probably want everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 04:37 PM
    They are definitely going to want the battery back.
    06-15-09 04:41 PM
    Use the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager to switch your information from the old phone to the new phone.

You will most likely get a refurb.

Yes, you need to send everything back or you will get charged.
    06-15-09 05:13 PM
    they will try to charge you $115 for the battery, that is what they did to me. i tried to keep it and they put that charge on my bill so i just made up a story and told them that i left the baterry on my desk when i pulled out my memory card and then just sent it back to them.

the phone that they sent me was a refurb.

hope this helps
    06-15-09 07:45 PM
    The GF just got a new LG Lotus from Sprint, they didnt send her a new battery, they told her just to use the old one she had already.
    06-15-09 08:47 PM
    So i am sending in a mint condition phone that is less than 3 months old and i am getting a refurb???? What exactly is a refurb???
    06-15-09 11:26 PM
    The GF just got a new LG Lotus from Sprint, they didnt send her a new battery, they told her just to use the old one she had already.
    I think thats typical. They usually just tell you keep your old battery, unless that was part of the issue. But it depends on the Rep.

I had my Treo replaced and the rep let me keep my the extra stylus and battery.

Another time I had Sprint replace my phone. They gave me a new one straight up, I got someone who was having a good day...

But you should have no problem backing up all your info onto your PC. But make sure you wipe your phone clean before you give it up to Sprint. I forget the figures, but I read an article that a lot of people who donate phones to be recycled don't wipe out their info.
    06-16-09 02:21 AM
    So i am sending in a mint condition phone that is less than 3 months old and i am getting a refurb???? What exactly is a refurb???
    A refurb is a phone that was broke that was sent in and got fixed.
    06-16-09 02:44 AM
    I just got my replacement yesterday due to my trackball sticking. I used the device switch wizard and my new phone is EXACTLY the way my old one was, theme and all. The only thing I had to do was input my activation code for a few pieces of software I bought.

As for a refurb, dont worry because they are in new condition. You'd never know it was a refurb if nobody told you. Also, you wont get a new battery. theyll send you a small box with the phone and envelope to ship the broken phone back in. Thats, it. In fact I just remembered I forgot to wipe my phone before sealing the envelope....oh well theres some interesting pics on there they may enjoy
    06-16-09 07:10 AM
    I just got my replacement yesterday due to my trackball sticking. I used the device switch wizard and my new phone is EXACTLY the way my old one was, theme and all. The only thing I had to do was input my activation code for a few pieces of software I bought.

As for a refurb, dont worry because they are in new condition. You'd never know it was a refurb if nobody told you. Also, you wont get a new battery. theyll send you a small box with the phone and envelope to ship the broken phone back in. Thats, it. In fact I just remembered I forgot to wipe my phone before sealing the envelope....oh well theres some interesting pics on there they may enjoy

Got mine today not 1 but 2 phones, They screwed something up...
    06-16-09 12:51 PM

Sent you a message
    06-16-09 12:53 PM

Where can i find the device switch wizard???
    06-16-09 12:58 PM
    In the Desktop Manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD