I just bought the Curve 8310, opted for it over the new iPhone due to the push e-mail, keyboard, and I personally like a mini-wheel. I bought Sempower to make the emails look a little better but have a few questions.

- Best application for viewing and editing MS Office documents and viewing PDF

- Anyway to filter out the several system messages that the BB uses to communicate desktop manager.."the do not reply ones that says this email is used to carry data...."

The only thing I can think the iPhone beats BB on is HTML support in e-mail seems a little better (and you can watch streaming Youtube all day), however as an IT support guy the push e-mail thing was the big seller (and keyboard)
    07-26-08 09:24 AM
    When you get updated 4.5 OS for your BB, this will include HTML email. As for uTube, i do not go there much, but have seen video from there on mine. and I and using 4.3.

As for the msg you are getting "DO NOT DELETE" means you have installed the DM wrong. You selected BES, you need to modify it to BIS. This can be done by running the uninstall and selecting modify or repair. This will run you throught the set up again, or remove and re-install cleanly. Also there will be a service book or two that will need to come off your device, as the get installed with BES option you selected. Once that is done, the msg's will stop.

4.5 is to come with docs to go from what I understand. in the mean time you can see but not modify these documents. you can also purchase docs to go from dataviz.com.

THere maybe other document options that will be posted here for you as well.

Welcome to CB!
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-26-08 at 09:35 AM.
    07-26-08 09:30 AM
    Welcome to CB,
    07-26-08 09:30 AM
    hi, i was wondering if someone could help me out. i recently bought an 8320 and got it unlocked, however i can't make any calls out. any suggestions on what i'm supposed to do? thanks.
    07-26-08 09:37 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

1). There is an upgraded Operating System available here http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...anguage-55061/ which comes with DataViz's DocsToGo. This program suite will allow editing, creation and deletion of Word, Powerpoint and, after you have free registered and downloaded the upgrade, Excel. There is also a paid $69 upgrade that does a bit more, not sure what with the Permium version.

I reccomend that you download http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/ and rea the help text before you go further. Especially refer to the Resources section as it comtains links to the standard texts on upgrading an OS and how to optimize memory.

2). PDF files are best handled by BeamBerry BeamBerry - View, Print, Store BlackBerry e-mail attachments at $46.

Email attachments of these file types are directly readable by the BlackBerry and the BIS email server funtionality.

The BlackBerry now has HTML email support but you may still need to buy either the Empower or BBSmart email viewers to make the whole thing better.

The best advise is to use the phone, play with it and hang around in here reading and asking questions.

Help is always available in here.
    07-26-08 09:38 AM
    welcome to cb!!
    07-26-08 09:41 AM
    welcome to CB
    07-26-08 09:43 AM
    hi, i was wondering if someone could help me out. i recently bought an 8320 and got it unlocked, however i can't make any calls out. any suggestions on what i'm supposed to do? thanks.
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry.

Does the display show a carrier logo? If not, go to Manage Connections and check the Mobile Network box. This turns on the GSM radio and allows you to connect to your carrier's network.

It would have been better to have started you own thread rather than jumping into an existing one. It makes helping people easier if we keep to one subject at a time especially if there are multiple responses neccessary. Thanks
    07-26-08 09:43 AM
    sorry. i'll do that next time. thanks for the help. it shows up as t-mobile when i power on the device, but i'm with at & t.
    07-26-08 09:45 AM
    welcome to the addiction.
    07-26-08 09:52 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!! Enjoy your stay!!
    07-26-08 10:04 AM
    Welcome to Cb! I am fairly new also!
    07-26-08 10:08 AM
    Welcome to the Crackberry Family.
    07-26-08 10:11 AM
    welcome to crackberry
    07-26-08 10:15 AM
    I can receive email from my personal email on my BB, but how exactly does it reply to people when it doesn't give me an option to input a SMTP server setting? (it only allows the inbox POP3 server setting).
    07-26-08 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD