OK, today I bought my very first Crackberry, I mean Blackberry. I got a Curve. While checking my Verizon account, I noticed how many great new ringtones they now have from when I last checked (probably 2 years ago). I must get one for my new CB. Do Verizon's ringtones work with a CB and if so, once I download it, how do I even put it on my CB? I am so new that it scares me to even ask this but I must but some Lynyrd Sknyrd on my new berry.

I have not even opened the manual yet to set anything up but that's my Sunday night plan.

Thanks!!!
    07-20-08 04:27 PM
    there are a few ways to get ringtones onto your new berry. one is to download from your carrier. HOWEVER, why buy them when you can probably get the one you want for free! you can check the ringtones section of crackberry and get them that way as well. just download them to your computer, and use a usb cable to place them on your berry. you can also email it to yourself, download on the berry and then save the file. i would recommend getting a memory card though, as ringtone collecting can be very addicting! if you get lost or need any help just let us know! good luck and happy hunting!

Ringtone by artist | CrackBerry.com

if you look down on the right hand side, there are about 4 or so skynard ringtones already.
    Last edited by Cobra302; 07-20-08 at 04:43 PM. Reason: added link.
    07-20-08 04:42 PM
    Definitely check CB's ringtone section. There is probably every ringtone you were going to buy. And it's free.
    07-20-08 04:44 PM
    also, if there happens to be something that isnt listed, let me know, i've got gigs and gigs of music and some software to make the tones. you can also check out audacity, its a free audio program that can help you cut down all your favorite songs. google audacity for more info.
    07-20-08 04:48 PM
    CB has a great list of free tones as mentioned in the previous posts, but also check out Zedge | Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, videos and games for your cell phone - Free your phone! they have tons of tones, alerts, etc. all for free, and you can email directly to your phone! All you have to do is register (free) and download away!

That is what I love about my Curve now. I used to have to find strictly midi tones for my treo....they weren't great at all.

Congrats on the new Curve, you will love it. You will get lots of help with questions, as Crackberry.com is awesome!
    07-20-08 05:07 PM
    also, if there happens to be something that isnt listed, let me know, i've got gigs and gigs of music and some software to make the tones. you can also check out audacity, its a free audio program that can help you cut down all your favorite songs. google audacity for more info.
    Wow, that was really nice of you!
    07-20-08 05:08 PM
    Thanks everyone.....I know I am in trouble now. I just spent the last 1/2 playing a bunch of tones to see what I like.

Forgive me for being so utterly newbie-ish but once I have the tones saved, how can I (step by step) actually get them on the BB? I only want to put 1 or 2 so no card is needed yet.
    07-20-08 05:10 PM
    One more to try is www.cellsea.com.

Welcome and enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 05:11 PM
    Thank you so much. There is one or 2 that I don't see on there that I might want. I think a Doors song would be nice. I will post if I need help/a ring tone. Thanks for the offer.
    07-20-08 05:11 PM
    Thank you so much. There is one or 2 that I don't see on there that I might want. I think a Doors song would be nice. I will post if I need help/a ring tone. Thanks for the offer.

no prob, just let me know which you need, and if i dont have them, i'll get em! lol. as far as the step by step. if you have a memory card in your device, make sure that it has the 4 folders showing when you plug in your berry to your computer. ringtones, music, pictures, and music. then open the ringtones folder and drag and drop. unplug the phone from the computer, go to media, ringtones, all ringtones, and they should be there. make sure that you have usb mass storage support turned on in the phone settings too.
    07-20-08 05:18 PM
    What software are you using?
    07-20-08 05:41 PM
    i use sound forge 8.0
    07-20-08 05:43 PM
    Do you know of any "free software" To take an mp3 and make it shorter/clip it?
    07-20-08 06:01 PM
    Take a look at Audiocity.
    07-20-08 09:08 PM
    Do you know of any "free software" To take an mp3 and make it shorter/clip it?
    the audacity link listed above is one that i highly recommend. i used to use it before i got sony sound forge. its really easy to use, and does exactly what it says it will. the only thing about audacity is that you're going to have to download some stuff in order to get it to save to mp3. that is unless they have recently updated it. its not really difficult though and the instructions are really clear. i highly recommend it!
    07-20-08 11:29 PM
    You will have to download lame_enc.dll to make an mp3 with audacity.

DLL-files.com - lame_enc.dll, free download
    07-21-08 03:21 PM
    myxertones is free... they have a ton of tuneage and you can upload anything u want for a ringer also you can modify, taking only a snippet, from anyone else's upload. i have a ton of stuff from there and it also works OTA so thats convenient
    07-21-08 03:55 PM
    07-21-08 08:45 PM
    Congrats on the Curve!
    07-21-08 08:47 PM
    no prob, just let me know which you need, and if i dont have them, i'll get em! lol. as far as the step by step. if you have a memory card in your device, make sure that it has the 4 folders showing when you plug in your berry to your computer. ringtones, music, pictures, and music. then open the ringtones folder and drag and drop. unplug the phone from the computer, go to media, ringtones, all ringtones, and they should be there. make sure that you have usb mass storage support turned on in the phone settings too.
    Do you have to have a memory card to download ringtones? I have some ringtones downloaded on my computer but can't get them on my BB8830 World Edition. HELP!
    07-21-08 09:08 PM
    Im happy with mpTrim.exe, light weight and easy to use.
    07-21-08 10:04 PM
    Do you have to have a memory card to download ringtones? I have some ringtones downloaded on my computer but can't get them on my BB8830 World Edition. HELP!
    yup i've got them on a memory card. once the memory card is in your berry, go to options, then media card, then click the bb button to open up the smaller menu, then click on format card. this will create the necessary folders on the card to transfer the files to. now on the main media card menu, make sure that the auto enable mass storage mode when connected option is set to yes. now when you plug the berry into your computer, it should show up as an external drive. just double click, or choose to open and view files, click on the blackberry folder, then the ringtone folder and drag and drop. now if you dont have a memory card, as silly as this sounds, i'm not entirely sure how to get them on unless you use the roxio manager that comes with desktop manager. you would just open the menus to get to the ringtone folder on the bottom, and choose the folder with your ringtones on the top.
    07-21-08 10:54 PM
    07-21-08 11:30 PM
    Thank you.
    07-22-08 07:35 AM
    Is there a location to download all or most carrier's default ringtone? I have AT&T, but would be interesting to hear O2's, Orange's , T-mobile's or Vodafone's etc. I'm not looking for all of each carrier's ring tones, just their main ringtone.
    07-22-08 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD