1. how do i add search engines, i like the google in mobile better than the regular google

2. are we still out of luck on opening multiple pages(tabs) at the same time

3. i went to youtube and it said i need to install a flash player to view videos, i thought this was finally added to the browser
    08-22-08 04:40 AM
    What OS are you running.

1- browser/menu/options/browserConfiguration/defaultsearchengine. Or change you homepage to the mobile google site

2-YES

3- youtube worked fine on my Verizon 4.3 AND 4.5. Could this possibly be an emulation problem............My emulation is set to BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 09:01 AM
    Google has a mobile version you just have to select it

Yup you can view multiple pages

4.3 and up run youtube or you can try blueapple.mobi (I prefer that over youtube)

Best of luck!

08-22-08 10:43 AM

Yup you can view multiple pages
    I am perplexed by this statement , please clarify.

08-22-08 11:50 AM
    Make sure your browser configuration is correct. While in browser hit Menu>Browser Configuration. Everything below should be "Checked".
    08-22-08 11:54 AM

Where do I select the google mobile version. Under default search provider I don't see google mobile as an option.
    08-22-08 08:37 PM
    No in your browser settings you can only choose google. The poster is telling you when you browse TO google to go to the mobile google site and not the www google site.

08-22-08 08:44 PM
    I've noticed there is an "Internet browser" option and a "WiFi browser" option. Why would you choose one over the other?

08-22-08 08:51 PM
    These are the options I get for Default Search Provider:

If you go to Google on your BB, you will be sent to the mobile version.
    08-22-08 08:53 PM
    Once you click the link for the mobile version of google it will be made default at least as long as you don't clear your cookies. Once I visited it every time I went to Google is was the mobile version presented to me.

And about viewing more than one page at the same time (aka tabbed browsing or multiple instances or the browser or something like that) I am not aware of such ability. Anyone want to confirm such kind of functionality or lack thereof. I personally would love to be able to have two different pages open at the same time on some occations.

08-23-08 12:13 AM
    Editing still appears to be problematic on 4.5. Sorry to make this another post and not part of my previous post. Has anyone contacted adobe about them releasing flash for BB. I run into all sorts of new articles and various sites posted in links on forums that contain a video or something that uses flash and it shows up on the pages as nothing more than [flash xxxx xxx xx xx x xxxxx] where all the x are misc useless info probably something to do with the actual file that is behind the flah content or something.

08-23-08 12:20 AM
    Well crackberry penguin is stating that you CAN view muliple pages (tabs) and I would also like this validated because I cannot on my 8330 4.5.0.66.

08-23-08 12:25 AM
    So what are your preferred browser viewing optipons? Do you use Column, Page or Auto?

Just curious . . . :||

08-23-08 04:26 AM
    Oops! Spell check?

*OPTIONS , not optipons

What the **** is an optipon anyways? Oh it means FAT fingers . . . :||

08-23-08 04:29 AM
    I use Auto!
    08-23-08 08:37 AM
    Got my own iGoogle browser "home page" by configuring with this:

iGoogle

Works for me...similar to my PC iGoogle with local news, weather, stocks, etc.

08-23-08 09:07 AM
    Let me try the browser home page address again:

www(dot)google(dot)com/m/ig?start=0

So sorry...

08-23-08 09:12 AM
    So what are your preferred browser viewing optipons? Do you use Column, Page or Auto?

Just curious . . . :||

I have mine SET to auto also but if you click and hold the trackball for about 2 seconds it will toggle between page and column and I switch mine back and for like that several times a day depending on the site I'm visiting.

NOTE- It won't work if your cursor is in a text box when you click it and its doesn't change much if your already on a wap site.

08-23-08 10:49 AM
    I have mine SET to auto also but if you click and hold the trackball for about 2 seconds it will toggle between page and column and I switch mine back and for like that several times a day depending on the site I'm visiting.

NOTE- It won't work if your cursor is in a text box when you click it and its doesn't change much if your already on a wap site.

Nice tip on the shortcut. i use column by default and switch to page view for those odd pages where you get a lot of gunk you have to page down through.
    08-23-08 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD