My Friend Just Basically Handed Me Down His 8310 The Phone Is Somewhat Loaded With Some Apps There's Jivetalk Installed , I Was Using Jivetalk For A Week Now And It Seems To Work Just Fine I Get To Log To Both My Aim & Yahoo Then Suddenly Last Night I Wasnt Able To Log On On Both It Was Taking A Long Time. I Should Say Ever Since I Got The Phone I Havent Changed My Plan Yet My Plan Right Now From My Previous Phone Is The One Im Using With My Bb 8310 And The Plan Has 5mb Of Media On It. Any Suggestions On This Matter? Im Pretty Sure People Ova Here Would Help Me Out
    10-24-08 01:44 PM
    You have a 5MB data plan? Is that what you're saying? If so you should get an unlimited plan. Especially if you're going to be using Jivetalk.
    10-24-08 01:47 PM
    make sure your plan has BIS data provisioned on your account. I would suggest unlimited plan. MB tend to add up quickly = expensive wireless bill.
    10-24-08 01:50 PM
    Did your friend get a new BB? Did you put your SIM into the 8310?
    10-24-08 01:52 PM
    My Friend Just Bought A Iphone Coz The Bb 8310 Is Not Here Thing So She Just Gave It To Me. Then I Just Put My Own Sim Card To The 8310 Ive Been Using For Like A Week Or So Now. Is That Reason Why Jivetalk Wasnt Working For Me Last Night Coz Of My Plan?
    10-24-08 02:54 PM
    I'm not familiar with a plan that gives you a data limit. However, I'd guess that if there was one, it wouldn't stop working at the limit, it would continue to work and they would just charge a ton of money to do it.
    10-24-08 02:58 PM
    Well can't really see why your data would stop. But you should really have a BB data plan instead. You should also have your friend make sure that they have AT&T release the PIN number from their account. Then you can tell AT&T to add the PIN number to your account.
    10-24-08 03:28 PM
    It Says I Have Like 3 Something Mb Left On The Data But Yeah I Think Imma Change The Plan.. Whats With Giving The Pin Number To At&t Whats Gonna Happen If I Do Or Dont ?
    10-24-08 03:35 PM
    That's one of the ways they attach the BB data plan and services they offer to you. If your friend doesn't release the PIN number from their account, you may not be able to add it to yours, and get the BB data plan.
    10-24-08 03:41 PM
    ah okay thanks for the info. Also i dont have the software cd drivers for the phone is there anyway i can get somewhere
    10-24-08 04:23 PM
    You can download the latest from BlackBerry - Smartphone - Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com
    10-24-08 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD