I am sure this is an easy fix or maybe it can not be done. I am trying to conserve battery on my blackberry curve 8330. When I turn off the radio I can not use my phone. Do you always have to have the radio on to use the phone? The upper right hand corner says off. So I assumed you always have to have the radio on to make calls and such.

Thanks.
    08-13-09 08:58 AM
    I am sure this is an easy fix or maybe it can not be done. I am trying to conserve battery on my blackberry curve 8330. When I turn off the radio I can not use my phone. Do you always have to have the radio on to use the phone? The upper right hand corner says off. So I assumed you always have to have the radio on to make calls and such.

Thanks.
    Yess radio has to be on, if youwant to conserve battery look into a case that has the sleep function built in
    08-13-09 09:00 AM
    Yes, the radio always needs to be on in order to get signal and to use it as a phone. I suggest only turning the radio off when you are in a low signal area, because when you have little to know signal it will drain your battery a lot faster.
    08-13-09 09:15 AM
    Radio has to get a signal as stated above...I wouldn't even bother messing with turning it on and off, that would be a pain.
    Last edited by Ohm4; 08-13-09 at 10:10 AM. Reason: I tried to say "pain in the b utt" but it wouldn't let me...lol
    08-13-09 10:09 AM
    Or use the Standby/Mute button on top of the phone to put the BB in Standby Mode, if you don't have a case with the sleeper magnet as mentioned above.

Standby Mode saves on battery power, and allows your BB to receive all messages/phone calls and give all alerts.
    08-13-09 01:20 PM
    So I can use the Standby/Mute button instead of the lock icon which is annoying to scroll down to...cool! Thanks!
    08-13-09 01:26 PM
    Also, if you're running any 3rd party apps, make sure to close them out when you aren't using them. Browser, too. They can be major battery and memory drainers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD