I am a new blackberry user. I just bought my phone about 3 weeks ago. Within the first week my phone began freezing randomly. It will either display the "loading" symbol or the screen will just go black. Even if I remove the battery, it is also at least a 5 minute process to get my phone going again! Is this typical? I feel like this should be ridiculous, I have never had a smart phone before but I've also NEVER had a phone this difficult. It is unpredictable and becoming unreliable after only 3 weeks with NO damage!

Any help/suggestions?
    09-04-09 09:58 AM
    That is not typical at all.

The symptom suggests an intermittent power supply issue, much like pulling the battery and requires a full restart.

The first suspect is the battery. Examine the four Gold contact point and use a pink rubber eraser to remove any contamination that might be present. While it is out, verify the four Gold contact pins are correctly aligned too.

If that does not help, the most likley cause is a hardware issue in the power supply. That is grounds for a warranty replacement.
    09-04-09 10:03 AM
    Also if you have a memory card remove it and see if the problems stop. If they do you need to reformat the card. You can save data on the card to your pc and restore it later...
    09-04-09 10:14 AM
    As mentioned above, it could be just a bad piece of hardware. Take it back and ask them to look at it and dont leave the store until you are satisfied with how it operates (it will most likely require them to replace it and if there is not one in stock then get them to order it). Like I said it happens from time to time with a bad batch from the factory, etc.
    09-04-09 10:16 AM
    also are you leaving mutiple apps running? that will cause it to run slow! yeah my first post but im def. not a newb!
    09-04-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD