I just ordered my FIRST Blackberry it will be the 8330 Curve from Alltel.

I know how to use the search function but I was hoping you pros could help out a newbie. I am looking for articles or some good information to get my started.

Help with: The best things to do to a new blackberry to optomize performance, cool apps that can be useful, better browsers, common errors people make that should be avoided, and anything else you think would be useful.

I already read the 10 things you should know article on the first page of the website...

Thanks!!!
    01-03-09 01:17 PM
    This is a great guide for optimization http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y+optimization
    01-03-09 01:20 PM
    Here is a good place for links for apps. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/ You can check out Opera Mini(which is on the link I posted) for a different browser as well.
    01-03-09 01:20 PM
    Try this..... http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series lots of great info.

Congrats on the 8330, its a great device, and welcome to CB!
    01-03-09 01:21 PM
    check out the blackberry 101 series in the blog section of this website. Welcome to cb
    01-03-09 01:22 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    01-03-09 01:23 PM
    01-03-09 01:25 PM
    wow guys! thanks for pointing me in the right direction! i bet you guys see tons of posts like this.

somone should sticky a beginners guide with all the best links and info... or maybe i didn't see it...
    01-03-09 01:27 PM
    You'll start by playing with it first, customising your BB; ringtones, screen saver etc then it'll be themes next. Then apps - first the free ones then trials, then you'll buy some. You'll delete ones too as you get choosy.. By this stage its too late. You are addicted.

Then there's the whole 'what case / holster / skin' issue - worthy of a sticky of its own. Plus you'll spend ages deciding on the best screen protector - this is a must for any new BB.

Before you know it your BB is getting WAY more attention than your significant other.. Its with you always, you keep checking it, touching it. You wake up and your hand reaches for the BB NOT your other half. An understanding partner or BB owner is vital here.

You feel panicky if *gasp* you've left your BB at home and forgotten to take it with you to work, shops etc. Generally you'll make this mistake once maybe twice, like you do with keys.

Vitals are a screen protector, a case other than the excuse supplied with the device and get BB alerts - its fab!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 02:26 PM
    Welcome to the Crack Nation. Way to go on the Curve, great BB
    01-03-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD