I just got my first blackberry (went from a katana for a phone and a dell axim x51v for a pda) and i have been reading the sprint version should have the aim client but mine does not. The only reference online i can find is the blackberry website / aim but when i go there it says it is not compatible with my phone. Any idea where it went off to? and is there any other free aim client?
    08-31-08 06:32 PM
    Mine was on my phone. When did you get your BB? Do you have a data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 06:39 PM
    Mine was on my phone. When did you get your BB? Do you have a data plan?

Nevermind.. i called spring.. they told me you ahd to go to blackberry.com / instantmessaging ... going to aim doesnt work anymore with the new OS
    Last edited by numus; 08-31-08 at 07:16 PM.
    08-31-08 07:03 PM
    i'm SO sorry, the katana was a TERRIBLE phone.
    08-31-08 07:18 PM
    I just got my first blackberry (went from a katana for a phone and a dell axim x51v for a pda) and i have been reading the sprint version should have the aim client but mine does not. The only reference online i can find is the blackberry website / aim but when i go there it says it is not compatible with my phone. Any idea where it went off to? and is there any other free aim client?
    im on sprint to as soon as you get your blackberry pack for sprint like the Sprint Power Vision Blackberry Pack. your phone will provision it self and all the icons such as, sprint tv, navigation, aim, gtalk, yahoo messenger, sprint music, handmark, blackberry maps and wat ever that was supposed to show up comes up....

thats what happen to me i got the black berry pack and everything else popped up
    08-31-08 07:45 PM
    Nevermind.. i called sprint.. they told me you had to go to blackberry.com / instantmessaging ... going to aim doesnt work anymore with the new OS
    Ah ha! Glad you got it worked out.

08-31-08 07:51 PM
    i'm SO sorry, the katana was a TERRIBLE phone.

Naa the katana was fine except for you know.. it had a terrible antenna and getting a signal sometimes was impossible, the aim application sucked, and sometimes it would receive test messages.. but other then that it was great :-)
    09-01-08 11:09 AM
    Welcome to CB. I love my Curve with Sprint. Live TV, Live Music, IM, Sprint mobile NFL (should be today), etc.
    09-01-08 12:39 PM
    I am guessing sprint navigation you have to pay for and is not included in teh blackberry data plan?
    Also i am trying to setup orb on my server to stream to my blackberry. the Test streams from orb network work fine but when i try to stream data from my comp it is just black and nothing comes through.. anyone done anything like this?
    09-01-08 12:47 PM
    I am guessing sprint navigation you have to pay for and is not included in teh blackberry data plan?
    Also i am trying to setup orb on my server to stream to my blackberry. the Test streams from orb network work fine but when i try to stream data from my comp it is just black and nothing comes through.. anyone done anything like this?
    Nope, Sprint Navigation is included in the BB plans now. If you have a Simply Everything Plan (450min, 900min or unlimited) it includes navigation. Now it wouldn't really be "Simply Everything" if they didn't include that now would it?....Though it doesn't include BES.....
    09-01-08 12:56 PM
    Welcome to CB. I love my Curve with Sprint. Live TV, Live Music, IM, Sprint mobile NFL (should be today), etc.
    Is the mobile nfl app going to be available for the curve? As of now it is not.
    09-01-08 02:35 PM
    According to Sprint it supposed to be released sometime today.
    09-01-08 02:48 PM
    Does anyone know why this thing goes bright and dim and bright and dim at random times...
    09-01-08 04:31 PM
    There is a light sensor that adjusts the screen brightness.

09-01-08 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD