I know you all have been though this a million times, why not once more while you sitting on your BB looken at Crackberry.com

Im receiving my Curve tomorrow most likely, And basiclly what should i know about it, Cool apps to get. Any helpful links. gimmi the Noob info. Please/Thank you.
    Last edited by zSolo; 10-23-08 at 01:24 AM.
    10-22-08 10:26 PM
    welcome to cb

check out the 101 lectures in my sig they are a good start

here are some popular downloads
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...ular+downloads
    10-22-08 10:29 PM
    Mobile Websites - Cantoni.mobi this will also keep you busy for awhile
    10-22-08 10:30 PM
    welcome to cb

check out the 101 lectures in my sig they are a good start

here are some popular downloads
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...ular+downloads
    Ah, nice jhill.... I was trying to find that exact link to post.

I also love a variety of ring tones. so you might want to check out the free ones on CB and here.... Zedge | Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, videos and games for your cell phone - Free your phone! you have to register, but it is free and so are the thousands of tones! Have fun!
    10-22-08 10:34 PM
    Hi, Welcome to CrackBerry. Take a good look around, you will learn so much around here!
    10-22-08 10:41 PM
    I am an intelligent woman, but I am thinking this Curve will be the death of me and of my brain. It is a challenge, but I think I am up to it. Just switched yesterday from a Motorola Q. It was a FREE offer, and I figured it would be a good segway to the Storm eventually.

Thanks for being here.

Kathie
    10-23-08 05:01 AM
    Our company recently switched from Treo to BlackBerry Curve devices. I have a not-so-techie work friend who was ready to throw out her BlackBerry after 2 days. It's been 6 weeks and I asked her yesterday how she's doing with it. She said, "I can't believe I ever liked my Treo! This BlackBerry is the best thing that's ever happened to me!" (And she's had a *lot* of good things happen to her! :-) )

Keep the faith and I'm sure that in no time you will be a CrackBerry convert and maybe even an addict!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 08:10 AM
    Well you have lots of good links to sites above so all you get from me is WELCOME TO CB.
    10-23-08 11:37 AM
    just got my bb woot woot
    10-23-08 02:42 PM
    Congrats and welcome. Some of the programs I use religiously are BBSmart Shortcuts, Microsoft Live Search, and Google Maps. All can be found in the software section here on Crackberry. Good luck to ya!
    10-23-08 03:05 PM
    when do i need to do like memory free ups or w.e
    10-23-08 03:10 PM
    I just switched from a Treo, so I needed this topic also
    10-23-08 04:12 PM
    Welcome!!!

10-23-08 04:16 PM
    Ok - really, really new user. have had the Pearl 8130 since last Friday. I'm on Sprint but please don't hold that against me.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to adjust to the typing thing. Is there anyone else out there that went for an 8130 and moved to the Curve? Do you ever adjust? Is there a help group???? argh. I have a couple of things I type ALL THE TIME and the smart keyboard keeps changing things. Suggestions?

I'm also having trouble setting up ring tones. I've downloaded 'em, put them on the phone, "thought" I had set everything up properly and no go. No special ring tone for the husband or friends. argh. Of course, this may be totally user error...I'm sure the 8130 is smarter than I am.

Also questions on battery life....seems this eats it up. What do I not have set properly?

I went with the Pearl because of size - this thing fits in every pocket I have - and yes I even misplaced it a couple of times. Bad BB parent!!!

BTW - I had been on a Treo...even after using the Pearl and being frustrated by the keyboard, I'm still wondering what was I ever thinking and why didn't I switch to BB before

I'm still in my 30-day window (obviously) where I could swap this out for a Curve...would someone help me with what is different/better with the Curve from a "livability" standpoint?

All enlightenment is welcome....

Signed:
    a VERY frustrated
    Pawsitivly Amazed
    10-23-08 05:20 PM
    I went from the Pearl to the Curve and never looked back, but it's personal preference.
    10-23-08 05:23 PM
    There are many things I like about the BB overall. I keep thinking I'll adjust to the typing but then I get in a hurry and the stinking thing outsmarts me on words and I just want to put it through a window.

Guess that would be a good indication I need to change, eh?
    10-23-08 05:33 PM
    Ok - really, really new user. have had the Pearl 8130 since last Friday. I'm on Sprint but please don't hold that against me.

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to adjust to the typing thing. Is there anyone else out there that went for an 8130 and moved to the Curve? Do you ever adjust? Is there a help group???? argh. I have a couple of things I type ALL THE TIME and the smart keyboard keeps changing things. Suggestions?

I'm also having trouble setting up ring tones. I've downloaded 'em, put them on the phone, "thought" I had set everything up properly and no go. No special ring tone for the husband or friends. argh. Of course, this may be totally user error...I'm sure the 8130 is smarter than I am.

Also questions on battery life....seems this eats it up. What do I not have set properly?

I went with the Pearl because of size - this thing fits in every pocket I have - and yes I even misplaced it a couple of times. Bad BB parent!!!

BTW - I had been on a Treo...even after using the Pearl and being frustrated by the keyboard, I'm still wondering what was I ever thinking and why didn't I switch to BB before

I'm still in my 30-day window (obviously) where I could swap this out for a Curve...would someone help me with what is different/better with the Curve from a "livability" standpoint?

All enlightenment is welcome....

Signed:
    a VERY frustrated
    Pawsitivly Amazed

Hey i switched within the 30 days as well i love my curve way better than the pearl..(just my choice) really it the same phone just full keyboard.....i think but i love my curve>
    10-23-08 06:02 PM
    I love my Curve. I had the Treo before and then went to the Tilt.

I love blackberry/RIM and I'm never looking back. LOL
    10-23-08 07:00 PM
    I like:
    Nav4All
    WeatherEye
    Viigo
    Any chess game
    CB launcher
    BRS launcher
    Etc.

10-23-08 07:39 PM
    got my curve 4 hours ago and its already freezing up woot.
    10-23-08 08:25 PM
    Maybe you're moving too fast, gotta warm her up first.
    10-23-08 08:26 PM
    is it normal for it to be laggy when just in the main icon menues and extra extra laggy when in a call and trying to select like speaker phone, hold ect ect

or when i get my microsd speed will pick up?
    10-23-08 08:46 PM
    I'm a curve fan too... I downloaded that free Google maps app that works with your blackberries GPS. Satellite view is the same as Google Earth for your computer Depending where you are, you can see the actual houses, buildings, roads. Pretty neat to play with
    10-23-08 08:55 PM
    Well, 1 day of having the curve, and i kind of dislike it, it looks cool and everything but i really dident expect it to be extra extra slow. And freeze every 2 seconds.
    Last edited by zSolo; 10-23-08 at 10:22 PM.
    10-23-08 09:56 PM
    This doesn't seem normal. I've heard that Facebook causes those types of problems, or have you perhaps installed some other app that performs frequent updates?

Check your free memory - 12,xxx,xxx bytes seems the magic cutoff. On your home screen select Options-Status-File Free. If less than 12,000,000 bytes, try a battery pull (remove the battery with the device on, wait about 10 seconds, and reinsert).

10-24-08 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD