Hello, I don't know if I am totally in the wrong place to ask this question, but here goes. I am having some problems with my IMAP e-mail. I am a new BB user, new 8330 for about 24 hours.

I have several IMAP accounts set up (all are with my web hosting companys, not with gmail or yahoo). Mail is coming to my BB quite fast, and if I delete a message from my BB it is removed from my desktop computer. Also, if I read a message on my BB it shows read on my desktop computer. The problem that I am experiencing is deleting or reading from my desktop computer. If I delete a message on my desktop computer it will not remove from my BB. As well, if I read a message on my desktop it stays unread on my BB.

I am a single user so I am using BIS. I have "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device." checked in BIS. I am on a Mac, but I don't think that would have anything to do with the problem. I migrated from a WM6 phone and the email deleted and read flawlessly on that handset. I can't help thinking that I have a setting on the BB or my mail server that is causing this behavior.

Also, I deleted all the mail Service Books and pulled the battery for 5 min. I then resent the Service books from BIS.

Any thoughts? It is driving me crazy, as I receive 100's of e-mails a day and deleting them twice is not acceptable.

Thanks for the help.

SH
    Last edited by Soames; 03-09-09 at 10:29 AM.
    03-09-09 10:26 AM
    In email settings, change your reconciliation to prompt, that way when you delete it from your BB, it will ask if you want it deleted from BB only, or Mailbox & BB.

As for when you delete them on your desktop, not sure if there is a way that when deleted on desktop having it delete on handheld other than when you sync it...
    03-09-09 10:45 AM
    1. resend service books

2. in your message folder, go into options and you will have options that will control how your Email acounts work with BB push, by default your BB and your acual email box is set up in such a way wear whatever you do in your BB mail box holds true for your server mail box, there is an option I belive to make both inbox that recive the same email to act independantly of eachother

so first send service books

second take a look at your email options on your device
    03-09-09 10:49 AM
    Thank you "PastChiefParson" for the quick response, that setting is checked, and I am not having problems deleting messages from the BB to the Desk top, that is working fine. My issue is when I delete a message off my desk top computer, the messages are not deleted from the BB. Thanks again for the help.

SH
    03-09-09 10:51 AM
    1. resend service books

2. in your message folder, go into options and you will have options that will control how your Email acounts work with BB push, by default your BB and your acual email box is set up in such a way wear whatever you do in your BB mail box holds true for your server mail box, there is an option I belive to make both inbox that recive the same email to act independantly of eachother

so first send service books

second take a look at your email options on your device
    Thanks for the reply, Are you talking about my settings in BIS? The only settings that I see is the "sync deleted messages...." and I have that checked. I have deleted the service books and resent them several times, no luck. Thank you again.

SH
    03-09-09 10:58 AM
    Still looking for some help.

Thanks
    SH
    03-09-09 10:52 PM
    Maybe it's the sync deleted messages being checked. Would that mean that to delete them ypou must sync?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 11:46 PM
    Bounce

Still having the same problem, any help would be very appreciated.

SH
    03-10-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD