Hello everyone. I have purchased a Blackberry 8310, so far I am loving it. I have only had one complaint and that is I have run into a problem with syncing to my work outlook. I am syncing with my outlook at work and now I am receiving a ton of emailing stating:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

The message said it would delete after is was resolved, but the messages just pile up, I have over 1500 messages now. What have I done to get these messages and what do I need to do to get rid of them?
    03-04-08 04:19 PM
    If you're on BES at work, I'd remove it from the server, and then re-add it...
    03-04-08 04:57 PM
    I am not sure what BES means, can you explain.
    03-06-08 08:09 PM
    BES i think stands for Blackberry Enterprise Service and BIS i think stands for Blackberry Internet Service.

BES is the service you need when you want your work and general emails (ie gmail) sent to your Blackberry

BIS i think for just general emails like gmail.

i was getting the same message and i had to talk my IT department to solve it. Basically had to reinstall the BES software program on the blackberry and made sure some settings were corrected.
    03-08-08 03:46 PM
    reinstall desktop software with BB internet service and go on BB to options - advanced options - service books and delete all desktop service books. then goto host routing tables in advanced options, highlight bold listing or any listing, press menu register now
    03-08-08 04:19 PM
    I had the same problem just today. I put the BB desktop software on my PC at work and loaded it as if I was running on a BES even though I wasn't. AT&T tech support had me delete the BES BB software from my machine, reboot, then reload the software and check BIS instead during installation. That solved the problem.

Careful though, now all of my calendar items (Outlook 2007) are duplicated on my BB. Anyone know a quick way to delete the duplicates? It's probably faster to wash all of my calendar items then re-sync. How do I delete all calendar items from my BB???

Thanks!
    03-14-08 09:46 PM
    Go to desktop manager under backup/restore then advanced I think. There should be a way there to clear specific databases.

I had a whole screen of blank entries in my address book that wouldn't delete. That's how I fixed that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-08 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD