I just got my first BB today and I've been playing around with it and d/l some apps. I have one question though. Is there an app that just happens to free or even an option that i can change where my sms messages will be in a chat format?
    Last edited by bigbenjamin1124; 12-09-08 at 09:20 PM.
    12-09-08 09:17 PM
    Short answer? No.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 09:35 PM
    Taken from another thread I just read. Not sure if its free I think it is. The app is called instango.

"SMS
    Still have friends not using instango? Send regular text messages (SMS) from instango and save. Add your friends to the instango contact list and send SMS just like any instant message. And best of all, replies to your SMS will be delivered right into instango. Chatting via SMS was never easier! "

12-09-08 10:11 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Don't be shy about asking questions, there's always an addict around the corner ready to assist you.

Enjoy your addiction™
    12-09-08 11:00 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    12-10-08 09:41 AM
    Welcome to the fun world of BB
    Curve is a great device, I love mine. Its the best phone I have ever had

12-10-08 09:56 AM
    Taken from another thread I just read. Not sure if its free I think it is. The app is called instango.

"SMS
    Still have friends not using instango? Send regular text messages (SMS) from instango and save. Add your friends to the instango contact list and send SMS just like any instant message. And best of all, replies to your SMS will be delivered right into instango. Chatting via SMS was never easier! "

yeah i read that in a post. I just found the app and it is free, I will try it. Thanks everyone!
    12-10-08 12:03 PM
    found this on a pinstack forum:

"Threaded SMS BETA testing is open to all!
    Hey everybody. It's not EVERYTHING yet, but I am ready for you all to start giving it a spin.

Here is the original thread

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=77477

You can OTA download the app here :

http://www.wheatoncs.com/blackberry/.../BBText2IM.jad

Let'er RIP!!!"

i used to use it, i like it. the only problem was that when u got your msg in bbtext2IM it also sent u the sms to the message folder...like u got 2 of the same msgs. theres no way to have it only go to bbtext2im.

im not sure if this is old or still available right now, i had it at the start of this semester. it was free tho!
    12-10-08 12:23 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Enjoy your new addiction.
    12-10-08 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD