I am new to BB and I am having major problems. I have a desktop at home and a laptop at my office. When I make a calendar entry in my desktop, it syncs to my BB phone but when I try to sync with my laptop, nothing happens. I have downloaded the updated software for BB 4.5 and I am on Vista and Outlook 2007. I have uninstalled all programs - outlook 2007 and BB desktop manager and reinstalled but still won't sync from phone to desktop or laptop.

I have set the configuration backs to default and then reset them to sync two ways and still nothing is happening. Is there anyone out there that can help. I don`t want to go back to using my palm if I don`t have too but right now this is soooo frustrating.

Also, not sure where to find this message and any replies - if someone can help in that direction as well it would be appreciated.
    08-30-08 12:49 PM
    Are you trying to sync with a USB cable?

If so, when you connect to the pc or laptop do you see the PIN and "Connected" at the bottom of the DM screen?
    08-30-08 01:10 PM
    You may want to try this.

Remove the DM again and then go to the C drive > Program Files> and delete the RIM folder. Then reinstall with a clean machine
    08-30-08 01:14 PM
    Yes it shows connected
    08-30-08 01:18 PM
    In Syncronize > Configuration > Configure Sync, check the Address Book, Claendar, Task & Memo Pad and click the "Choose" button and select "Microsoft Outlook" and make sure the "Syncronize" button is selected. Click OK and the click the "Syncronize Now" button and see what happens.
    08-30-08 01:26 PM
    You may want to try this.

Remove the DM again and then go to the C drive > Program Files> and delete the RIM folder. Then reinstall with a clean machine
    I removed the DM program but couldn`t find anything that resembled an RIM folder in Program files in the C drive
    08-30-08 01:27 PM
    In Syncronize > Configuration > Configure Sync, check the Address Book, Claendar, Task & Memo Pad and click the "Choose" button and select "Microsoft Outlook" and make sure the "Syncronize" button is selected. Click OK and the click the "Syncronize Now" button and see what happens.
    Yep I have done all of this at least 3 or 4 times and even gone to default and reset all config again but still not working from bb to outlook
    08-30-08 01:29 PM
    I have a similar situation. I tried downloading 4.2 on desktop, and on laptop. It did not take on desktop at all, so I use the laptop for all syncing. I'm on vista and outlook 07 as well. I've thus since upgraded to 4.5, and will be adding DM to desktop to see if it works.
    08-30-08 01:31 PM
    I have a similar situation. I tried downloading 4.2 on desktop, and on laptop. It did not take on desktop at all, so I use the laptop for all syncing. I'm on vista and outlook 07 as well. I've thus since upgraded to 4.5, and will be adding DM to desktop to see if it works.
    I was on 4.2 and upgraded to 4.5 and still doesn`t work.
    08-30-08 01:33 PM
    When you install the DM program, make sure you install and run it with Administrative Privileges.
    08-30-08 01:40 PM
    When you install the DM program, make sure you install and run it with Administrative Privileges.
    I am the only person who uses the computer no one else in the house

only one user on the computer
    08-30-08 01:47 PM
    When you install the DM right click on the setup.exe and select the "Run As Administrator" option.
    08-30-08 02:02 PM
    Yeah did that too
    08-30-08 02:21 PM
    I was on 4.2 and upgraded to 4.5 and still doesn`t work.
    4.5 installed fine on the laptop. I haven't tried the desktop yet, but it ran easier than I expected. I know you've tried a lot...but have you tried to go back to that point in the install and retrace all the steps from that point? I'm sorry it's not installing, and I bet you it's just some simple step that may have been omitted.
    08-30-08 02:23 PM
    Well everyone I tried everything and I am totally frustrated. 3 days I have wasted on this so I just plugged in my old palm pilot and will now start using it again for all my appointments. I don't think I am going to keep this BB. After reading all the complaints here I think I am going to try something else.

Can't get any support from Blackberry at all and my server which is Rogers so far have been no help. I am a business person and need my technology to work properly. I have wasted 3 days on this. Even uninstalled everything including outlook and DM on both computers but still when I sync from laptop to BB it does not sync from BB to desktop.

Piece of junk!!
    08-30-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD