first and foremost, THIS IS THE BEST PHONE IVE EVER HAD! i got the bb curve 8330 from sprint, literally 48 hours ago, and i dont think i put it down!

anway, i have a few questions, as i'm still learning the in's and out's.

1. when i get an email through yahoo, i get it in my yahoo app AND in my test message box. i went into messages, options, general options, sms and email inboxes - changed to seperate, and saved. but it still does it... did i do it wrong or can't i do that.. its just annoying...

2. i've read that you can't send an mms message on sprint server, but you can receive. is that really true? i spent all day yesterday trying to figure it out (since this is only my 2nd camera phone..) much less, i never had sprint before. -- i had verizon, switched to nextel, then the hybrid ic502 sprint/nextel.

thanks in advance for the help! i appreciate it!!
    12-15-08 08:16 AM
    first and foremost, THIS IS THE BEST PHONE IVE EVER HAD! i got the bb curve 8330 from sprint, literally 48 hours ago, and i dont think i put it down!

anway, i have a few questions, as i'm still learning the in's and out's.

1. when i get an email through yahoo, i get it in my yahoo app AND in my test message box. i went into messages, options, general options, sms and email inboxes - changed to seperate, and saved. but it still does it... did i do it wrong or can't i do that.. its just annoying...

2. i've read that you can't send an mms message on sprint server, but you can receive. is that really true? i spent all day yesterday trying to figure it out (since this is only my 2nd camera phone..) much less, i never had sprint before. -- i had verizon, switched to nextel, then the hybrid ic502 sprint/nextel.

thanks in advance for the help! i appreciate it!!

You can hide the yahoo mail box, like many of us have, that way you can only check the messages box. Wait, you said text messages, what theme are you using, some themes dont allow a change, try a battery pull and see, I have a messages box (where all my mail goes) and a SMS/MMS box for texts.

Sprint blackberries - not capable of MMS, however there is a rumor its in the works, or something.
    12-15-08 08:18 AM
    You can hide the yahoo mail box, like many of us have, that way you can only check the messages box. Wait, you said text messages, what theme are you using, some themes dont allow a change, try a battery pull and see, I have a messages box (where all my mail goes) and a SMS/MMS box for texts.

Sprint blackberries - not capable of MMS, however there is a rumor its in the works, or something.
    still new to the lingo - whats a theme? the home screen? it has the 6 icons on the left hand side.. i have tests, address book, browser, yaho, myspace, and applications....

i literally JUST saw that there was a new icon - sms. --- it replaced my browser. do i just take the "messages" box out of the home page and use sms for texts and yahoo for mail... right?

sorry if i'm confusing you..
    12-15-08 08:24 AM
    The theme is the home screen image, fonts etc, you can change all that, there is a theme forum here at CB, also pimpmyberry.com and themes4bb.com (thats down right now)

Yep, you can hide one or the other, I hide my hotmail box, and use my messages box for emails,
    12-15-08 08:26 AM
    The theme is the home screen image, fonts etc, you can change all that, there is a theme forum here at CB, also pimpmyberry.com and themes4bb.com (thats down right now)

Yep, you can hide one or the other, I hide my hotmail box, and use my messages box for emails,
    yeah, i guess when i seperated email and sms, it added an sms icon. i just moved my message icon so i dont have to see it. i use my email like every 5 seconds so i keep that on my home theme. it was just annoying having my sms icon and my yahoo icon light up.. but i'm weird like that lol

thanks for your help rachel!! its very much appreciated! like i said, i've had it for 2 days and i cant put the darn thing down lol
    12-15-08 08:30 AM
    No problem, welcome to CB enjoy the addiction

There is also a neat wallpaper thread in the media forum too, great wallpapers, if you have got a media card, get one
    12-15-08 08:35 AM
    still new to the lingo - whats a theme? the home screen? it has the 6 icons on the left hand side.. i have tests, address book, browser, yaho, myspace, and applications....

i literally JUST saw that there was a new icon - sms. --- it replaced my browser. do i just take the "messages" box out of the home page and use sms for texts and yahoo for mail... right?

sorry if i'm confusing you..
    A theme changes the screens, and most times the icons and the way they are displayed ie today-L-U shaped icons on home screen or adds multiple rows.

Stock has icons & boxes for each separate email account and sms/mms. Most people hide all boxes except the main one. You hide the icons by pressing the bb key, left side, highlight the icon you wish to hide then press the bb key again & select hide. If you wish to see all hidden icons use same procedure but select show all.

Not sure why your yahoo mail would be in the sms box.
    12-15-08 08:38 AM
    Welcome to CB and I know you llove the phone. I do too and let me tell you it's the best phone ever.
    12-15-08 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD