Hi all

Just got a BB curve 8330 a couple days ago and was wondering if there are any "hidden" menus on the device and how to access them?

Also is there a way to install Iphone apps on the blackberry or convert the files
    I found a couple of apps that I'd like to have for iphone but so far havent been able to find similiar ones for the blackberry

Can the default blackberry media player be changed? I like the Mobiola player better

Thank you
    New BB user
    Steve
    05-12-09 10:12 AM
    What kind of "hidden menus" are you asking about? What are you trying to do?

You cannot install iPhone Apps to a BlackBerry (for a number of reasons).

No, you can't change the default media player, but you can use other compatible ones.

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    05-12-09 11:26 AM
    The "hidden" menus i was wondering about would similar to the Motorolas that would let you change the data rates for voice and data, service menus that you could see signal quality channels used and which site your on.

I am also looking for an electrical/ohms law calculator in java or built for the blackberry.

So far I'm liking the 8330 beings that I went kicking and screaming into the smartphone arena.

Wonder if they will come out with a flip version of the 8330 like they did with the pearl

"What kind of "hidden menus" are you asking about? What are you trying to do?

You cannot install iPhone Apps to a BlackBerry (for a number of reasons).

No, you can't change the default media player, but you can use other compatible ones.
    05-12-09 01:35 PM
    Here are a few 'secret codes' I found on the BB Geeks website:

Explore your BlackBerry with secret codes | BB Geeks

There aren't many codes here, but a couple of them surprised me (like the one that lets the user see the HTML source of a file loaded in the BB browser).

Enjoy!
    05-12-09 01:59 PM
    Well, you can dial ##000000 Send to get to the Service Edit Screen.

You can also dial #4357* Send to get the Status screen.

You can get an application named Signal-Location Utilities that will show you the information about the tower you are on.
    Signal-Location Utilities for BlackBerry

But don't expect to be able to "hack" the device. It's a BlackBerry, after all.
    05-12-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD