Hello all, my wife and I just got the BB Curve 8330 from Sprint. 30 for each phone after all the discounts and rebates etc... I must say I am pretty good at tech stuff but a little confused.

1. on the main screen when the phone rings for a message or call, the main screen stays black untill I push the trackball..can this be changed?

2. wife wants an app to use for shopping lists etc...any suggestions?

3. Quick launch...what is it ....

Thanks for the advice.
    07-27-09 08:55 PM
    1. When a phone call comes through, the screen SHOULD turn on displaying the caller ID. When a text or something else comes through, it will vibrate and/or ring per your profile settings, but the screen will not turn on until you actually want to look at it. however, the screen does turn on after you get a message if it is in the holster and you pull it out.

2. she could use the tasks and/or memo integrated apps for making lists, but a more feature rich app might be found by googling it. i am unfamiliar with one off the top of my head.

3. quick launch is a nifty app that you install, and then you can map things to it for easy access. for example, instead of navigating through your address book to find a contact, menu click sms contact, and then type in a text message, you can map sms contacts, programs, etc. directly to quicklaunch. so, once it's configured, you simply click the quicklaunch icon, and a separate menu box opens displaying all the shortcuts you have created. for example, you can set up quicklaunch to display a shortcut screen like the following:

click the quicklaunch icon, and see a box pop up with the following:

1. SMS text Mom
    2. SMS text Brother
    3. Calendar
    4. Media
    5. Blackberry Messenger
    6. Call the Office
    7. Facebook
    8. Email [email protected]

you can pretty much shortcut anything with quicklaunch, including apps, text contacts, call contacts, email contacts, etc. and pretty much anything else you can think of.
    07-27-09 09:13 PM
    is quick launch a free app? Also, if an app is added can it be removed if unliked...like on a computer removing a program..
    07-27-09 09:28 PM
    quicklaunch is not free, but it's not terribly expensive either. it's $4.99 at the app store right now. it's just a list of configurable shortcuts. you would still have to uninstall things like you normally would.
    07-27-09 10:00 PM
    Quicklaunch sound very interesting. Will have to get that one myself. Thanks for the info on it, mjesenovec.
    07-27-09 10:21 PM
    Quicklaunch is by far the best $5 u could spend on ur 8330. Opera Mini is a free app that is also a must have w/the 8330. It's much bettr than the original browser in my opinion. You got ur self n ur wife a good devise tho! Especially for $30!!!!!
    07-27-09 10:41 PM
    Shopping list apps, here's 1: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mycart-254718/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 10:50 PM
    And here's another. Both are free downloads.

http://www.mongoltoronto.com/bb/mt/MaraTick.asp

Browsers, http://mini.opera.com/ and Bolt Browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 10:55 PM
    Thanks for all the replys, lets see how long it takes to crash it. LOL
    07-28-09 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD