Bright & shiny new Curve arrived 2 days ago. I did the initial full (overnight) charge. It got to 100%, but through the first day, it dropped to around 20%. I figured it was because I was playing with it, downloading new apps, etc. I charged it last night, but when I woke up, the battery symbol only showed a partial charge. Status showed it at 80%. Checked e-mails, etc, then back on the charger for an hour or so while I got ready for work. It showed 75% when I took it off and now (1 pm - about 5 hours later), I'm at 30%. I haven't been playing MP3s, no Navigation running, been closing unused applications, etc.

I don't have anything running in the background that's eating up my battery life. The lack of a full charge after a night on the charger concerns me, but I don't want to go back to the Verizon store and look like a complete doofus it it's something obvious.

I know bad batteries exist - think I got one, or is there something else I should do/check/not do to get a full charge and longer life?

Gracias in advance.
    05-15-08 03:10 PM
    Aling those lines:
    I just moved from an 8830 to a new 8330 on sprint. The batteries (I have 2) stink. Compared to the 8830 they die way too fast. I will never get a full day with one now. Is this normal for a curve?

Maybe we are having the same issue actually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 03:37 PM
    Along those lines:
    I just moved from an 8830 to a new 8330 on sprint. The batteries (I have 2) stink. Compared to the 8830 they die way too fast. I will never get a full day with one now. Is this normal for a curve?

Maybe we are having the same issue actually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 03:39 PM
    An hour later, I'm down to 20%. In the last hour, I checked two SMS messages and hit the trackball to wake up the screen so I could see the time twice.

Seriously? That takes 10% of my battery power?

Any help on settings to check or something I'm missing that's eating my power like a wolverine?
    05-15-08 04:22 PM
    Well have you tried to hold the Mute Button to put your bb to sleep? I know when I first got mine, I could never go a day with out it dying until I started doing that and I can go 3 days straight if I am not talking on it before I have to charge my phone! Also run it down to 0% or close where the radio turns off a couple of times and then fully charge it...

Charlie
    05-15-08 04:58 PM
    dmnall got a very good point there, i too was complaining about battery performance on my curve, by the end of the day radio would even shut off as well. so i called att and they sent me a new battery (as if that would help) now i have a back up batt. for my curve. now i use the standbye button and now i probably can go maybe a day extra w/o charging.
    05-15-08 05:31 PM
    If you are having battery problems i would invest in a Seidio 2600mAh Extended Battery. I bought one and within the first charge I have went 3 days on it, and I hardly ever put my phone down. They say after 8 or so charges it will become stronger. And the added size is kinda a downside far as cases go but it does add a good feel for grip and some balance to the weight.
    05-16-08 10:28 AM
    Well, this case seems to be more drastic than needing to put into stand-by mode. I use my 8310 all the time for GPS and internet browsing and rarely ever put it into stand-by unless I am going to pocket it. My battery usually last about 1.5 days ( I charge every night though) I would have to say its a bad battery. Call your provider and maybe they just send you another one or buy one yourself and see if that works. Then you can use the bad one as an emergency spare or somehting
    05-16-08 01:04 PM
    I have the 8330 and I'm experiencing this problem now. This is my third one by the way. My first, half the buttons ended up sticking, and not from food or anything, they just wouldn't work, but the battery was GREAT! I non-stop use my bb, and it would last for up to 3 days (if I only talked on the phone a couple of times). My second one was just as great (this one unfortunately was my fault for breaking), but the buttons were perfect! And the third one, the buttons aren't that great and the charge WILL NOT last ONE day. Whether I use it for calls or not. Even if I barely text on it, I will charge it all night, unplug it by 830 am, and it will be dead by 9 pm. If I charge it at 3 pm it will be dead the next morning. It's ridiculous! I haven't called in yet, I wanted to check around and make sure this wasn't just an error I was making
    12-08-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD