I can not seem to get my blackberry messenger to work i have a new 8330 curve, I see the icon on my screen but I dont think it is working, I sent my brother a invite and he says he sent me one but i have not seen it. help please
    02-28-09 06:55 PM
    Are you sending the invite using the email address or are you using the PIN number? Using the email to send an invite seems to be laden with problems. Use the PIN and it should go through without a hitch.
    02-28-09 06:59 PM
    Also go in to options>security options>firewall and disable this. Then also security options>general setting make sure that content protection is disabled.

As stated above use the PIN for the other person, much more reliable.
    02-28-09 07:04 PM
    I have been requesting by email, Im now trying to figure out how to request by pin. this phone is awesome but is taking some getting use to
    02-28-09 07:04 PM
    the firewall is disabled thank you
    02-28-09 07:05 PM
    Call your brother and ask him what his PIN number is, easiest way and you get to hear the sound of his voice
    02-28-09 07:06 PM
    Yes it does a bit of time. I would also recommnd reading the the newbies link in my signature. Lots of great info there

Welcome to the addiction. Pin numbers can be found under options>staus. You will need the other persons pin
    02-28-09 07:06 PM
    thanks again Ill keep working on the messenger, and Im sure Ill be on the forums often
    02-28-09 07:10 PM
    BTW I also do not carrier listed that you are with. You do have a data plan right?
    02-28-09 07:13 PM
    I have been requesting by email, Im now trying to figure out how to request by pin. this phone is awesome but is taking some getting use to
    Go easy bud. There's a bit of a learning curve (no pun intended of course!) with your first Blackberry. Just stay calm and ask for help whenever you need it. As you clearly already have done lol
    02-28-09 07:15 PM
    Sounds like you are on OS 4.2 where on some devices (like mine did) would only allow you to add via email (there was no pin selection like with 4.5) if that is the case - you can upgrade OR just simply add your brother as a contact (address book), along with his pin in the contact info, go to BBM, add contact and select him from list instead of hitting USE ONCE. Should work, always worked that way for me until I upgraded.

Good luck
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-28-09 at 07:24 PM.
    02-28-09 07:20 PM
    GOT IT~thanks again everyone, Ill try to keep myself educated on the phone so i can pitch in some
    02-28-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD