I posted this below on the Tour forum. Need advice from Curve users. Am I over thinking this???:

New to BB and this board and am loving it. However I went into my local Verizon store and well, you know how it goes...didn't get a solid referral or recommendation on anything...on my own. I picked out a BB Curve 8330 and am enjoying using it. Bought it based on price. The 9630 was $150 more. I have 30 days to make a change. However I do have to pay a restocking fee. Need some honest recommendations. Is the keypad so much better? Is the browser that much faster? Is the screen that much brighter. I know it's intl capability so thats great. Thoughts please!!!! Thanks so much. I upgraded from a phone (yes plan old cell phone, no apps, no email no nothing) so this is huge for me.

Will post in 8330 forum also...
    07-16-09 09:57 AM
    Getting some opinions over on the Tour 9630 forum, but none over here...I see people are reading...please take two seconds and help me out with your opins...as I do value them...thanks lots!
    07-16-09 12:14 PM
    Personally from a little experience with the Tour and the 8330, the Tour is a beast.

The Tour alone is worth the money because of the faster processor and the on-device memory. The screen is gorgeous and clear, the keyboard is right between the 8900 and Bold, and it has a 3.2 MP Camera.

Plus correct me if I'm wrong, but it has GPS as well.

I would recommend for you to go back to your local Verizon store and play with the Tour and see which one you like better. In my opinion, I would of went with the Tour.
    07-16-09 12:18 PM
    Personally from a little experience with the Tour and the 8330, the Tour is a beast.

The Tour alone is worth the money because of the faster processor and the on-device memory. The screen is gorgeous and clear, the keyboard is right between the 8900 and Bold, and it has a 3.2 MP Camera.

Plus correct me if I'm wrong, but it has GPS as well.

I would recommend for you to go back to your local Verizon store and play with the Tour and see which one you like better. In my opinion, I would of went with the Tour.
    ^^ agree. I bought mine a little while back and wish I had the money and knew that the tour was coming out so soon. Now I just have to play the waiting game for my upgrade (1 year).
    07-16-09 12:36 PM
    I really can't give any advice on the 9630, but I'm very pleased with my
    8330. Which is why I'm so hesitant at the moment about upgrading to the Tour even though I'm eligible for an upgrade.

Just wanted to say welcome to Crackberry and more experienced users will surely reply to your thread...they are very knowledgeable here.

Good luck with your decision!
    07-16-09 12:56 PM
    yeah def get the tour, everything is faster and smoother, not that that wasnt the case with the curve, but newer is better, however im waiting until they work out early software/hardware kinks which is the case with 1st shipment devices. and there might be something even better to come depending on your carrier
    07-16-09 12:56 PM
    I guess one thing you have to decide is it worth the incremental improvements of the Tour to put up with any issues of being an early adopter of a new device. Probably won't be any major issues with the Tour but rather annoyances until the glitches of a new production line get ironed out. From what I have read the improvements aren't HUGE over the Curve so maybe the extra $ is not worth it?
    07-16-09 12:59 PM
  8. theblackertheberrythesweeterthejuice's Avatar
    **** get them both and the one u dont want i will purchase lol
    07-16-09 02:59 PM
    I am new to BB myself, and the Forums, I owned a WM HTC Mogul before this. I was actually going for a BB when I got talked into the HTC. I have regretted that ever since I put my hands on a Blackberry a few months later. Now I have one and could not be happier. I researched my decision ahead of time, read the tutorial on how to choose, and decided on the Curve. I have not yet held a Tour, but we are supposed to have them in our store this week, but as an authorized agent (Formerly Alltel now Verizon) I have seen the hype of new devices and there are almost always glitches and bugs with a new product line. Experienced user know how to look past them until fixes are released, but most new users who early adopt a new line usually bring them back complaining. I love my Curve and highly recommend it.
    07-16-09 10:21 PM
    well the way i see it is. the curve is legit for sure. tour is too but is the price worth it to you? for me its not. considering that there will be a better version of it out in 6-8 months. im holding out for that. but if you didnt want to burn your upgrade im sure there is a bunch of ppl that upgraded to the tour that are gonna sell there curve.
    07-16-09 10:47 PM
    Thank you all for comments here pro and con. I especially wanted to know what those who loved their curves thought. In the end I did make the decision to upgrade immediately. I was on the HTC fence also, but only because the Verzion SA seemed to love that brand. I didnt' want to grow too attached to my Curve and felt if I didn't make the move the now I'd end up keeping it and I'd have to keep it for the next 24 months(contract). It was an add collect of $149 to move up. I figured...in two years that is about 20 cents a day...I guess I could afford that. In my limited experience I found...I''m adjusting to the Tour keyboard better, the display is brighter. Yes, the browser is a tad quicker. Some of the shortcuts are sweet too. I have none of the problems others have mentioned in the B***h threads. My Tour was made in Canada...no loose anything....all is good.
    07-17-09 10:30 PM
    Personally I JUST got the 8330 and I love it. Thre phone is so fast and I have had no hangups overall. I think u would be very happy with the 8330

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 11:53 PM
    Keep in mind that you are stuck with this phone for two years... You may regret your decision after a few months. You'd be better off getting a newly used Curve off ebay for a lil over a hundred dollars with no contract than to be stuck in one for two years.

So basically Im trying to say if you are going to be in a contract atleast get the best there is. The Curve is an awesome device cause I love mine but it is aging technology...
    07-18-09 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD