Hey guys, new to the forum. I just got my Blackberry Curve 8320 from At&t about a week and a half ago and I absolutely love every single thing about it. Recently, I ran into a small problem which kinda bothers me now and then. I have no applications installed on it, and only one theme installed. My current free memory is 18,338,232 bytes. I have OS 4.5.0.110. My cache content and history and everything is erased, don't really use internet on the phone anymore since At&t decided to cut off our free "one month" trial (which for some reason a day or two after they cut it off, this problem occured...) My phone did not come with a sample video, all pictures and music saved onto 2 gig card. I erase my sms, mms, and emails all the time. I have done several battery pulls. I close out of my apps properly. But I still experience my phone running really slow... Especially when it is opening a text message and pressing send. Is there any solution to this? I have searched for HOURS and have only come up with the occasional "close every app" and "do a battery pull" solution.
    03-03-09 11:18 PM
    Try updating the firmware. If not, you can try exchanging the phone because what you do should be fixing the problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 11:37 PM
    What exactly do you mean by updating the firmware? And I am pretty sure the phone is fine, never did this until one and a half weeks of owning it, but hey you never know.
    03-03-09 11:43 PM
    Hi

You can take a look here to free up additional memory and clean up things you dont need or use to aid in the free memory department. 18mb is sufficient but you can get more

Good luck and welcome aboard..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    03-04-09 12:10 AM
    Yeah it should be fine since you have 4.5.0.110. Updates are usually just minor. You can try that because I know you're only allowed one exchange with at&t but then again if the phone is messed up it shouldn't matter. You can try wiping the phone first. If not satisfied, update or exchange.

03-04-09 12:14 AM
    Is it only slow when you send a text message to the same person? I've read that if you have a long running sms thread with the same sender, the phone slows down for some reason. Try starting a new thread by write a new sms and not 'reply to'.

hope this helps.
    03-04-09 01:23 AM
    If I remember correctly, was there an option that allowed you to ungroup text messages?
    03-04-09 04:31 PM
    Yeah. If you go to Options--SMS Text--Number of previous items, you can change it from 0-50. Or do what danielcj says.

03-06-09 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD